HP Spectre x2 (2017): 12.3" 3000x2000, Kaby-Lake-U+Iris Plus

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kvoram, May 22, 2017.

1. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

With only a little bit of time with it so far, battery life seems to be better than the Surface Pro 4.

HP really knocked it out of the park with this one I think. Build quality and the included keyboard cover are top notch. It came with a pen, but I haven't tried it yet, so no idea there. It's a keeper for me :)

2. magnum2107

magnum2107 Scribbler - Standard Member

So I gave it another shot. No more issues with the fans. It's operated very quietly today and the heat has been okay as well. It's a really nice device. I agree with Macros that the battery has been stronger than the SP4. I haven't done a full rundown test because I haven't had time to, but will at some point. I really like it.

3. magnum2107

magnum2107 Scribbler - Standard Member

Macros, one question for you as a fellow owner. Do you have any issues typing Cortana searches with the touchscreen? If I use the "O" button to search while typing with the touch screen, by around the 4th or 5th letter, the cursor moves on its own and causes 2 of the letters I'm typing to switch places. It's the weirdest thing and I don't know how to describe it, but you'll know it if you see it.

4. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

Very strange. I gave it a shot and nothing out of the ordinary happened, but I'll keep a close eye out to see if anything odd happens.

5. cmd

cmd Pen Pal - Newbie

That's a way to low firestrike score for iris 640, by about 50%. I would run it again. You should be around 1450 graphics score.

6. Downwind

Downwind Pen Pal - Newbie

I picked up one of these puppies at Best Buy Friday. It's their standard BB bundle. 8 gigs RAM. 320 gig drive and a core i7. So far I'm really liking it. It's my first experience with a core i7 and it's really, really quick.

7. Kinstar

Kinstar Pen Pal - Newbie

These are very poor read/write speeds. :(

I ordered the X2 as well and hopefully will get it next week. I am curious as to how the Intel Iris 640 is holding up? Any numbers on the battery life performance?

8. Kinstar

Kinstar Pen Pal - Newbie

It maybe because of the DDR3 instead of DDR4 RAM?

9. CJackson.LASD

CJackson.LASD Pen Pal - Newbie

Any new updates on benchmarks? Can't wait to see how it compares to the New Surface Pro.

So you guys think the spectre X2 or the X360 15 inch is faster? The X2 has a little bit better processor, but the X360 does habe the 940mx ebven though its an older gpu.

Can't decide between the X2, X360, nSP.

10. Kinstar

Kinstar Pen Pal - Newbie

Depends what you want. I think the X2 and nSP will be better for tablet use, will be more portable, and will be easier to hold in the hand. I personally don't prefer 2-in-1 non-detachables.

IMO 940M and Iris 640 should have about the same graphical performance (with slight gains for 940M). But the Spectre X360 does have thunderbolt 3 for eGPU connection while the X2 and nSP do not.