HP Spectre x2 (2017): 12.3" 3000x2000, Kaby-Lake-U+Iris Plus

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kvoram, May 22, 2017.

1. Celpacius

Celpacius Pen Pal - Newbie

i don't get thunderbolt 3/USB-C thing...

specs say no thunderbolt 3. but it has the thunderbolt logo by the USB-C slot..

am i missing something?

2. cmd

cmd Pen Pal - Newbie

A few things don't add up yet. The Iris 650 graphics should only come on a 28W i7-7567U CPU (which I would be very much interested in). The i7-7560U is 15W and has the iris 640. Unless Intel made a special batch of processors for this (witch I doubt) they got the specs wrong. They better get it right, iris 650 is about 25% more powerful than the 640.

kvoram likes this.
  3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Isn't this a better, less expensive, prettier version of the Surface Pro 2017?

All they're missing is pen tilt, and apparently that can be implemented with a firmware update...

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

When I was in catholic grade school, all lefties were routinely reprogrammed by the nuns. They would smack your left hand with a steel ruler every time they saw you with a pencil in it.

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

my parents did the same... I often wonder too :p

6. RUGGLES99

RUGGLES99 Pen Pal - Newbie

i have the first generation x2 and love it. i use it as much as my sp4 and s3, rotating them when charging one. i bought the x2 on amazon for $400. great keyboard, screen, fast. the kb that comes with it, all aluminum over a tight fabric, is far, far superior to the msft type cover. and i just got the new brydge keyboard for the sp4 that turns it into a virtual clone of a genuine laptop. i've all but abandoned my macbook pro and retina macbook.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  7. cmd

cmd Pen Pal - Newbie

Store page is up on HP. Configurations still pair the i7-7560U with iris + 650 (also on the i5-7260U). Maybe they actually got intel to make a special processors for them; still doubtful though. Will wait for a proper review to know (most reviewers will probably go with what the spec sheet says and not actually check themselves unfortunately, so benchmarks will be needed to tell the difference)

It has a 65W charger, which is more than the standard 45W seen in other iris U adapters.

Still no mention of Thunderbolt, even though pics all still have the symbol by the port. Maybe their symbol for charging ports (which is stupid because the symbol is the same for thunderbolt support)

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-x2-detachable-laptop---12t-y3u25av-1

8. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

I ordered the i5 version. It should arrive towards the end of the month. I did question them on the Iris 650 and they swore up and down that its coming with the 650 and not the 640. I guess we'll see!

cmd likes this.
  9. RUGGLES99

RUGGLES99 Pen Pal - Newbie

From the online photos, it looks like the keyboard keys are black instead of silver like on the 1st generation. Anyone know?

10. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

It's a black or dark gray color. Their official color scheme is: Ash Silver.