HP Spectre x2 (2017): 12.3" 3000x2000, Kaby-Lake-U+Iris Plus

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kvoram, May 22, 2017.

1. CJackson.LASD

CJackson.LASD Pen Pal - Newbie

Well if you see most of the benchmarks I posted on page 9 if this forum, the X2 does beat the SP4, but not by much. The nSP doubles the SP4 power.

2. CJackson.LASD

My surface 3 has much more light bleed. You only notice it on a bright background, hold control + alt + delete, on the blue.screen you will see the brighter sides.

Omazic.iv likes this.
  3. sem189189

sem189189 Pen Pal - Newbie

may be this increase also provides 16 GB of RAM in nSP because is working in dual channel mode ? or 8 gb versions of the same dual channel memory mode ?

4. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    MobileTechReview likes this.
  5. CJackson.LASD

Just like I stated, if using for only web surfing and basic needs like writing documents, go with HP. If you must have the best performance go with Microsoft.

A little pissed, returning and exchanging my nSP today, got a small half inch spot on display with a burnt in spot.

Omazic.iv likes this.
  6. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks so much for the responses, interesting that not all power banks work yet :( Be curious how this matches up to the Miix 720 but from what I've read it seems to be that one has the fan running all the time and the specs on this seem better. Guessing the fan on this is pretty tolerable?

7. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie

I just placed my order with Amazon and waiting on HP Spectre x2 i5 8gb 256gb to arrive...

I hope I made good choice, as from April I am following up all arriving 2in1 devices.

My candidates was:
    1. Asus Transformer T304UA - removing some of features from T303, same battery, same cooling, limited availability crossed it from list
    2. Surface Pro 2017 - lack of usb-c/tb3 port, price and price of keyboard,pen and dock crossed it from list
    3. Acer Switch 5 - still not available and thats is a shame, as device looks very balanced with ports, battery, hdw and price wise excellent, keyboard in the box, pen is half price of Microsoft pen...
    4. HP Spectre x2 - price wise great for what you get (hdw, battery, pen, keyboard, ports), excellent gpu even on i5 model, my only worry is that fan, but will see about that soon enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  8. sem189189

Strange, I in the beginning did not notice, but then looked closer and in your test ( NSP - New surface Pro 2017 (and7-7660u, iris plus graphics 640, 16GB RAM) $2199

JS4 - 4 surface Pro (i5 processor the 6th-generation graphics the Intel 520, 8 GB RAM) $925 ) you are comparing Intel graphics 520 as 640. I think it would be more fair if you compare the surface Pro 4 i7 with 540. I think it's more interesting and will

9. sem189189

The more I dive into the question is all the more becoming evident , and now I understand why such a low price on the hp . the fact that in tests power HP Spectre x2 640 gpu almost on the same level with the old surface Pro 4 540 gpu . is it really so ?

10. cmd

cmd Pen Pal - Newbie

The New Surface pro's energy and thermal management is superior to both. The HP Spectre x2 640 and SP4 throttle by a lot under load.

Check out this video... You can replace the SP4 with Spectre x2, its the same principle