HP Spectre x2 (2017): 12.3" 3000x2000, Kaby-Lake-U+Iris Plus

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kvoram, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyLaw17

TonyLaw17 Pen Pal - Newbie

I definitely agree. Personally, the fan noise hasn't been much of an issue for me. When I do light gaming, the fan turns on. The most irritating part of the fan is that it usually turns on when just doing some light browsing in Edge Browser. But all in all, it's a lot quieter than my Surface Pro 4. I can't speak for the new Surface Pro, but the fact that the screen and keyboard are better than the Surface's and that's it's much more affordable, make the x2 a better deal.

2. TonyLaw17

Yours might be defective. I haven't had any issues with the touchscreen or with fan noise turning on inappropriately.

3. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

anyone rolling with an i5 version yet? curious what impact it'll have on heat, performance, etc

4. Downwind

Downwind Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd send that unit back too. Sounds like a lemon. I went through 3 nSPs with defective screens and finally gave up and got the X2. I haven't noticed any of the negative issues except the mediocre battery life.

5. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Just curious why you say the x2 is superior to the nSP when you said its not as fast, is louder, and my understanding is the battery life is worse?

6. CJackson.LASD

CJackson.LASD Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased both the x2 and nSP at same time. The x2 had a noticible better screen, preferred keyboard, better speakers, no light bleeding in edges like the nSP had, faster recharge on x2, usb-c which I prefer, looks better, and $450 cheaper.

My pros to the nSP is better benchmarks, fan is less noticible, pen feels a little bit more accurate if an artist, battery lasted about 1 hour longer, usb-a connector.

The speed difference is not so much you will ever notice, it's more of bragging rights. For me the cost savings was worth the x2 in gold. If they were the same cost I might still prefer the x2.

TonyLaw17 likes this.
  7. TonyLaw17

Do you think the speed differences you noticed between the nSP and the x2 are due to the former's slightly faster clocked i7 processor?

8. TonyLaw17

Has anyone had an issue with HP Support Assistant app not finding driver updates despite HP's website listing such updates? For example, HP released a driver update for the bios (F0.4) that my HP Support Assistant app didn't find. I only saw it because I manually checked the x2 product support page on HP's website. I've also had such issue with a few other drivers as well. I'm not sure why this is happening.

9. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting... I can't imagine the screen, speakers, and keyboard being a lot better than the nSP but will take your word for it. No light bleed on mine. Battery life and the pen are higher on my list and I have no use for USB-C, but I couldn't get past that gold kickstand! Glad you are happy with the x2. We live in a great time to have such great choices!

10. CJackson.LASD

CJackson.LASD Pen Pal - Newbie

Check out the new Mobiletechreview X2 review on YouTube. I love her reviews.

MobileTechReview likes this.