HP Spectre Folio

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Steve S, Oct 1, 2018.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

NOPE - read the fine print:

"Even when Microsoft releases a new version of Windows 10 LTSB with new features, you’ll have to download new Windows 10 LTSB installation media and install or upgrade from the media. Windows 10 LTSB will never be automatically updated with new features.

According to official documentation, Microsoft will typically release a new major version of Windows 10 LTSB every two to three years....Microsoft doesn’t want people using Windows 10 LTSB on general purpose PCs, though. As Microsoft puts it, 'LTSB is not intended for deployment on most or all the PCs in an organization; it should be used only for special-purpose devices. As a general guideline, a PC with Microsoft Office installed is a general-purpose device, typically used by an information worker, and therefore it is better suited for the [Current Branch] or [Current Branch for Business] servicing branch.' "

I want Windows 10, Office, and Adobe CC FROZEN until hell itself FREEEZES OVER...

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  2. johnnobts

johnnobts Pen Pal - Newbie

Don’t undervolt then, but I would suggest maybe disabling turbo to folks with the i7 to see if their laptop runs more speedily with less slowdown from thermal throttling. You may be able disable turbo in bios settings actually, haven’t looked.

3. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

wait...I sense the build up...I sense the rumbling at my feet...

Are we finally getting round two of "miserable old curmudgeons"?! :newpalm:

Yes! I've waited years!! At last, the real reason we all know why we sub to TPCR in the first place. :vbtongue:

Kumabjorn and dellaster like this.
  4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The Lord of the board.

5. Evan Berry

Evan Berry Pen Pal - Newbie

Soo, how 'bout that Folio BIOS update today? Not sure what it contained, but I think it went from F.13 to F.14. See below.

upload_2019-1-29_20-52-7.png

6. dstrauss

OMG - how did you remember that - three years ago for an old geezer is DECADES ago (dog years and all that)... :eek:

But you have to admit that Microsoft is the gift that keeps on giving for unhinged ranters like me....:p

Still, this time, I think my open letter are spot on and could be an unending source of revenue if they did it - so long as I get my 10% royalty on the idea...:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Marty likes this.
  7. dstrauss

8. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey, if I had to name only one good thing Windows 10 brought us...it's the @dstrauss rant.

Nadella's catchphrase and all: "empowering people". He's brought out the best in you. ;)

9. dstrauss

Or unleashes my inner demons...

10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It seems to be a common affliction with Windows 10, I had a bit of it myself yesterday. :)