HP SlateBook x2 and HP Split x2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kitenski, May 15, 2013.

1. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

It still sucks if it doesn't have an active digitizer, even if armed with haswell CPU. I just don't understand what is HP thinking about tablet PC, since it looks like the latest fanless Spectre 13 x2 will not have digitizer either.

RaymondPJR likes this.
  2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've just noticed that this is now available in the UK and, after downloading the maintenance manual, I've found that it's not bad for upgrades:

Good:
    - Easy ish access to the ram, cpu fan and mSata drive
    - Easy ish access to the base to add a hard drive (After buying the part from HP - If yours doesn't have the additional HD then it has no actual part(s) to add one. The UK i3/i5 have the additional drive)
    - MicroSD (Tablet) and an SD slot (Base)

Bad:
    The screen.

I'd like one due to the upgrade options... 256GB mSata drive... 512gb 7mm sata drive,,, 8GB ram!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    RaymondPJR likes this.
  3. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Whoah, what's wrong with the screen? Did HP do something crazy like install some super low-res screen?

4. RaymondPJR

Didn't see your post till now. I agree, what is a tablet that you can't use any good graphics software with?

5. excalibur1814

Source: Notebookcheck,net
    Daammnnnnnn :(

RaymondPJR likes this.
  6. RaymondPJR

Thanks for that quote! Sometimes you have to wonder why some of these execs who make such bone-headed decisions.

7. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS Scribbler - Standard Member

8. excalibur1814

I'm thinking that the above option might not be available for the UK :(

I popped to PC World today and, amazingly, they actually had two Split x2s on display. The screen isn't that bad really... Sure, of course, it's not 1080p but if I had to rate it I'd say the following: Acer W3 (Pretty poor), 8470p (Functional), Split x2 (Acceptable), Usual 1080p and finally the best I've seen, HP Envy 13 Radiance (Wow)/Dreamcolor on the Elitebook Workstation laptops.

I'm really thinking of buying one ESPECIALLY as the mSata and sata drives are accessible along, of course, with supporting a MicrosSDXC card AND full fat SX in the keyboard dock.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  9. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS Scribbler - Standard Member

The updated aluminum split x2 model seen here?: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hew...-envy-x2-owners-discussion-68.html#post349449

Until last night briefly, I didn't have the chance to see it again (since the above linked photos) & not surprisingly BestBuy still had it without a battery charge or WiFi which is frustrating. I still liked it but personally I'd pay +$70 USD for the full 1080p screen that I hope would also be brighter, its screen is functional but I hope the 1080p is significantly more spectacular..

I did contact Lisa Gade at MobileTechReview: cell phone reviews, smartphones reviews, tablet reviews, laptop reviews and news to see if they could review it (she will try to get a review unit) as she reviewed the older far less impressive split x2 model HP Split x2 Review - YouTube & her review of the HP Envy x2 at HP Envy x2 Review - Windows 8 Tablet and Notebook Reviews by MobileTechReview helped convince me to get a couple..

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. crushna

crushna Pen Pal - Newbie

What is the your overall opinion on aluminium x2 model...is it heavy? of course we need to upgrade to 1080p screen and also is the table usable at that weight? and also do we have an option to get 1080p screen in bestbuy or is it HP only?