HP SlateBook x2 and HP Split x2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kitenski, May 15, 2013.

1. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry to hear about such limitations yet important to know, let us know if you confirm the RAM upgrade situation..

On the tablet side I have http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-/dp/B009QZH6JS & today I ordered Amazon.com: Kingston Digital 128 GB Secure Digital Memory Card (SDX10V/128GB): Computers & Accessories & also considering TrueCrypt - Introduction for sensitive files for it. If I do choose to upgrade at HP I may even consider Windows 8 Pro 64 for BitLocker but never used it so not sure if it or Win8 Pro is worth +$70..?

Thoughts..

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

I did post at http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hewlett-packard/59053-hp-spectre-x2-3.html#post361634 but I update the post here with photos:

What HP CS told me in an email:

My Q: If there is "Support for maximum 8192-MB of system RAM" why doesn't HP offer this customize option at HP Split 13t-g100 x2 PC | HP® Official Store (shows only 4GB RAM)?

Their A: "The 8GB of RAM is your option to have it installed after market. However, it was not being offered upon customizing this unit, as it might get conflict with the other components. This has been tested by our expert computer engineers to better works with this RAM."

Something may have gotten lost in their translation there..I seem to have a dialogue with them now so if any of you have questions let me know. I did go back to the Microsoft Store to play with the Spectre x2 the other day to see the full HD 400 nit screen as HP CS told me it is indeed the same panel as what would be on the full HD 400 nit upgrade panel on the Split x2..:

"we are glad to inform you that the screen of the HP Split 13t-g100 x2 PC is the same as the HP Spectre x2. Just to set the right expectation the HP Split 13t-g100 x2 PC comes with a 1366x768 screen resolution, so you need to select the upgrade option on the screen since for you to have the 1920×1080. Therefore, they do have the same brightness as the HP Spectre x2.. Upon checking, the information provided came from one of HP's product expert on higher management."

I have photos compared to my current 200 nit BestBuy Split x2, my 400 nit Envy x2 & the Spectre x2 that I will post & describe in further detail my thoughts when I have more time. Bottomline I still am considering the Split x2 upgrade screen option as the Spectre x2 screen is somewhat brighter than my Split x2 (but not as bright as my Envy x2) but the resolution bump really is not super noticeable in laptop mode rather the pixels become more noticeable in tablet mode which I find myself utilizing more than expected. The brightness increase seems between the BestBuy Split x2 & Envy x2 so seems more like 300 nit than 400 nit like my Envy x2.

I still really like my super silent snappy BestBuy Split x2 detachable but curious about how much more I might like it with the screen upgrade (in store comparison Spectre x2 did seem brighter especially with luminescence increased + 5 like my Split x2 & noticeably sharper mostly in tablet mode-default store demo was set to scale up 150% so there wasn't significant shrinking of icons or screen apps) & dual band Wi-Fi upgrade option but if I could upgrade to 8 GB RAM I'd have ordered the configurable upgrades already without as much deliberation..-Thoughts?

Update: Here are the photos, I'm considering upgrading to FHD screen for increased brightness & sharpness (less pixels especially in tablet mode) & dual band Wi-Fi for +$155 including tax if using the BUY175 coupon at HP Split 13t-g100 x2 PC | HP® Official Store :

HD BESTBUY HP SPLIT X2 (ALL PHOTOS WITH 100% BRIGHTNESS AUTO DIM OFF & BRIGHTNESS+5 IN INTEL HD GRAPHICS CONTROL PANEL) VS FULL HD SPECTRE X2 SCREEN (WITH JUST 100% BRIGHTNESS AUTO DIM OFF )

HD BESTBUY HP SPLIT X2 VS FULL HD SPECTRE X2 SCREEN.jpg

ENVY X2 VS BESTBUY_HP SPLIT X2 VS MICROSOFT STORE_SPECTRE X2

ENVY X2 VS BESTBUY_HP SPLIT X2 VS MICROSOFT STORE_SPECTRE X2.jpg

HD BESTBUY HP SPLIT X2 VS FULL HD SPECTRE X2 SCREEN

BESTBUY_HP SPLIT X2 VS MICROSOFT STORE_SPECTRE X2 VS ENVY X2.jpg

Worth upgrading to this FHD brighter screen & dual band Wi-Fi for +$155 over Black Friday BestBuy deal (with HP coupons such as BUY175)?

Any downsides besides cost-reason to think the performance would be less with FHD pushing extra pixels on this system or battery life is set to same brightness (obviously brighter would be less battery life)? I did notice some variability in build quality between the Split x2 units so if the upgraded one is worse than my current solid Split x2 I could just return-exchange it.. Also considering giving this one to my parents if I prefer the upgraded Split x2 -Thoughts? Worth the hassle?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you aware that the Split g100 series will only have one battery in the tablet instead of having two batteries (Spectre + m1x0: 1 tablet + 1 dock)?

And both (Spectre + Split g100) are still not upgradeable to 8GB RAM!

4. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

I'm not sure what mean as I already have one & it has dual batteries like my Envy x2 also listed at provided link: HP Split 13t-g100 x2 PC | HP® Official Store

"Dual batteries: One battery in the tablet and another in the notebook so you can go longer and do more."

The battery in the keyboard is also larger than the Spectre x2 hence the longer battery life..

Yes I would upgrade to 8 GB RAM if offered but not sure it is a deal breaker ATM (yet is frustrating as I have hit the 4GB memory performance wall at times when I push my multitasking).

Originally I wasn't sure how much I'd like the Split x2 build so the BestBuy $650 BF sale seemed the easier option but I do like it enough that I'm considering maximizing my enjoyment with FHD brighter screen & dual band Wi-Fi, if 8 GB RAM were an upgrade option it would be an easier upgrade proposition..