HP SlateBook x2 and HP Split x2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kitenski, May 15, 2013.

1. kitenski

kitenski Pen Pal - Newbie

Both these look pretty interesting, I've hankered after the Envy x2 but have been wary of the lack of grunt, so the split x2 looks a great solution for me

More details/info I got from here

HP Communities - The HP x2 Family Gets a Little Bigger. And Smaller... - HP Communities

2. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

I saw a few videos on youtube about these this morning. The Split x2 seems great but as others have commented, the lower res is kind of a deal breaker for me.

3. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's nice when more Windows tablets with regular CPUs (i.e. no Atom-CPU) and with keyboard docks come out, but with the low-res screen (1366x768) and no Digitizer I am not interested. Another chance lost for a big-screen, high-res and Digitizer-enabled Windows tablet...

4. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems to me they could have stuck with the aluminum body of the Envy x2 (which is insanely popular) and added the better processor and a better screen. Seems they really don't know how to give the public what it wants.

5. ionamartin123

ionamartin123 Pen Pal - Newbie

.I am very interested to buy the HP SlateBook x2 and HP Split x2 .The size is very comfortable for me. The screen is too short.so I like this.

6. MSGaldenzi

Bumping this thread and noticing that the Split x2 is now available at best buy on sale for 749.99 - 30 (not sure if its today only). I may end up waiting until tax free weekend to pick this up to save tax and also take advantage of their free office and flashdrive offer. At 750, the screen resolution can be overlooked.

7. RaymondPJR

I believe you, but where did you find out the Split doesn't have a digitizer? I would guess the Slate x2 doesn't' have one either. Atmel dropped the ball on the digitizer pen for the Envy X2 and we will probably never get one!

8. MSGaldenzi

There is no indication that the split was ever intended to have an active digitizer.

9. MSGaldenzi

A little late, but best buy had the split x2 for 699 this weekend. I was sooo tempted but didn't get one because there are still so little info on this online. I am eagerly waiting reviews from people who have had more than 10 minutes with the machine.

10. RaymondPJR

I know what you mean. I'm still trying to confirm whether or not this has a digitizer. I'd be shocked to find that it doesn't being that it's really a tablet, albeit a gargantuan one. I'm also more than a little interested in whether or not it will suffer from the same problems with sound and Beats Audio as the x2, but maybe the internals (processor, etc...) play a part in that. I'm not at all sure.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013