HP Slate Alternatives

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by nheel, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey heartlesssun, when we getting our next video?? I'm dying over here for some shots of this thing. BTW, despite HP's best efforts to push me off this product, I think I'm going to stick with it. There's just no proper substitute out there

2. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea the size of the HP slate is one of the things I like better then my exopc. The exopc is difficult to use in a couch surfing scenario without twisting your body around somewhat.

3. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

I dont think it could be a real replacement but the OQO model 2+ cold be usefull UNTIL you can get the slate. It comes with an active digitizer and a touch screen and they sell at a lower price than the slate on e-bay. You probaby will have to add Windows 7 if you got one however, and unless you get the extended battery, you wont get much battery life out of it plus there is no real customer suport as its parent company has gone out of buisness.

4. Krelian

Krelian All about the T5010/T900

Another thing that precludes many from using a capacitive stylus is the lack of pressure sensitivity which obviates it from artistic uses.

5. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Pen Pal - Newbie

Where can you even order the EXOPC from? I thought their site was French based and only shipping in Europe right now.

6. Ytterbium

Ytterbium Pen Pal - Newbie

7. species5618w

species5618w Scribbler - Standard Member

8. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Pen Pal - Newbie

9. Ytterbium

Ytterbium Pen Pal - Newbie

10. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

If someone is even going to consider a resistive screen device ilo an active digitizer to hold them off until either the Slate 500 is shipping or an alternative is available, may I suggest a Fujitsu P1620 or P1630 (but only if you can get one cheap enough)? I, personally, hate the inking on this resistive touch screen but I used an active digitizer (wacom) before I got my P1620. I was used to the 'best' inking experience available before trying to live with the compromises of a resistive panel.

The reviewers raved about the inking on the P1620 at the time and that is why I bought mine but reality is something else. Keep in mind these same folks now rave about the iPad and pan the Slate 500. They are so busy trying to figure out the best way to wrap a sausage in tin foil to 'ink' on their iPad that they miss the benefits the Slate 500 has to offer.

I no longer read the reviews at those sites and stick only to active digitizers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.