HP Slate Alternatives

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by nheel, Dec 10, 2010.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am still not 100% what the Nvidia stylus support offers. Like is it pressure sensitivity, or it more like an accurate writing, a la Samsung C- Pen?

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

The NVidia SoC is able to differentiate the differences between your finger and a fine tipped stylus, when the Stylus touches the screen it invokes palm rejection allowing you to write with the stylus. Pressure sensitivity would require coding within the Physics Engine of the specific app from what I understand.

bloodycape likes this.
  3. Allie

Allie Pen Pal - Newbie

Which one of these models come with two usb ports on the tablet itself(the actual tablet and not just with the dock). I know the Q702 does, but does the Q704 offer it? Any other models with two usb? Makes no difference if one is usb3 or both are, I just need two usb ports on the tablet itself.

4. benroveno

benroveno Pen Pal - Newbie

I think HP Slate 7 Extreme can be a perfect choice for you. It has great design, powerful performance (thanks to Tegra 4), stylus support (with a great touch response technology from Tegra 4), great stylus apps and features pre-installed, great gaming performance (even can play latest graphically demanding games like Asphalt 8 in full graphics, GTA San Andreas and many more), and from what i heard, its battery life is great, maybe because it's only using 720p display, not full HD display. So the performance is fast, the battery life is great and there is no overheating problem given its medium quality display.