HP Slate Alternatives

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by nheel, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

2. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hopefully all quad core bay trail with proper digitizers, and graphics drivers.

Personally, I would love to see a pen enabled Yoga in an 9in and 11.6in size using a quad core Atom and a 1600x900 display res.

3. Bronsky

Scaled down Haswell or Quad Core Bay Trail in a fanless tablet? Intel President talks up Atom If bay Trial GPU is truly close to HD2500 graphics, the decision is going to be tough. I'm hoping to see some interesting designs in September.

I noticed that you bought a Yoga. Was looking at the 11.6" RT version, along with the Surface RT for my daughter but settled on an 11.6" touchscreen notebook because of the Microsoft Office University deal. I agree that a pen and decent graphics is critical. The IGPU will be the one significant advantage I can see for Haswell in restrictive environments like a fanless tablet. I'm hoping we are getting closer to what I wanted my slate 500 to be.;) 8-9" is the right tablet size for me (light and small but large enough for a keyboard cover). 4:3 aspect ratio would be nice.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wait I thought the IGP for Bay Trail was suppose to be close to the HD3000, no? If I had the choice, I may go quad core Atom(pending it does have out of order execution), as I feel like quad core can be utilize more once Windows is better codded for it.

I really like my Yoga RT, and the screen has really surprised me a lot, but the only thing missing for me is the digitizer. It also wouldn't hurt if they made the display a bit less glossy, and added more cache and faster ram. But, it's mostly the digitizer I really want.

5. Bronsky

6. Bronsky

So close but so far away! HP has designed a 4:3 aspect ratio 8" tablet. Unfortunately, it's android and lacks a proper digitizer. Imagine what this could have been.

P9160141-575x383_zps6106c535.jpg

7. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

They have the Omni 10 with Win 8.1. I have not checked the specs or looked at any of the details yet so I don't know what aspect ratio it has or whether it has a digitizer or not.

8. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

It is on the News Section....1080p Screen, looks capacitive only (pics show big rubber tipped capacitive stylus).

9. Bronsky

Omni 10 = fail IMO.

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

Yet they are going to sell the NVidia Tegra Tab has a rebranded HP Tablet and it supports stylus input but runs Android....oh well