HP Slate 500 Thoughts and Concerns

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by jgjackson, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Somehow the thought of Stevie Jobs' pride and joy in that window wearing a black garter belt is too much to handle...:eek:

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That's great news ... Mine is in transit and it looks like I'm only a day behind you. Friday delivery looks possible.

3. Rrbryce

Rrbryce Bob

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: December 1, 2010 10:41:24 AM EST
    To: "RRBRYCE@AOL.COM" <RRBRYCE@AOL.COM>
    Subject: HP SMB Order#29027327 (Cust PO: 4119519)

Dear Mr. Bryce,

Thank you for contacting Hewlett Packard I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to notify us about your issue and allowing me to assist you with it.

I wanted to let you know I have processed a credit for the amount of $79.90 back to your Visa credit card in appreciation of your business with HP.

Once again I would like to say thank you for contacting us and letting us know your concerns. We want to make your experience with us a good one on all levels.********

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best regards,

Nichols Arana
    Volume Direct Operations

CBC SMB Customer Support

Order Management

Hewlett-Packard Company
    Phone: +1 800 888 0292 Ext. 7710851

Fax: 1 866 908 1402

Please feel free to provide feedback regarding*the service that I provided for you customerfeedbacksmb@hp.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete this material from any computer. Hewlett-Packard accepts no liability for errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

=

4. thebasa

thebasa Pen Pal - Newbie

So we went from $100 to $79.90? If anyone else has received a rebate email can you post it here? I have a particularly stubborn CSR Carlos with whom I've been going back and forth to obtain my rebate and he seems to require proof that these are being doled out to disgruntled customers to comply. Thanks in advance.

5. galingula

galingula Scribbler - Standard Member

Me too. HP told me the rebate is just a rumor

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I have an email from my rep that confirms a rebate on my account. I'll start beaching only after I get my unit in-hand.;)

Bronsky:cool:

7. thebasa

thebasa Pen Pal - Newbie

8. Benz360

Benz360 IT Pro

go heat go

9. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

Great comments on the HP tablet form factor and the TC1100 by dstrauss and sonus911. I bought one on PC Connection years ago refurbished because of cost. I couldn't justify spending over 2k for a new computer with a slow processor. Now the price wars are on for tablets and everybody wants one.

Fact is, HP blew it years ago when the had the market, the slate tablet, and the capability to improve and take the TC100 to the next level (thin, long batter life, lower cost, and faster processor). Now they are back and playing catch up with the Slate 500. It's a perfect form factor, that's why we are all so excited about it. But it has to perform exceptionally well - the bar is high, set by the big apple. So far the design is right on, but the manufacturing and distribution is a joke. HP, are you listening, don't blow it again, we are all counting on you.

10. jgjackson

jgjackson Scribbler - Standard Member

Yep, I'm in limbo still. Planned Ship Date 30-Nov-2010. Planned Delivery Date 02-Dec-2010. I keep hoping they actually shipped it and forgot to tell me. :) Man I wish I hadn't slept in that morning and had checked the blogs earlier when I did get up and to work.