HP Slate 500 Tablet PC Now Available for Sale!

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by heatlesssun, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgjackson

jgjackson Scribbler - Standard Member

The big problem I have with the TM2 is its non-flat shape. I've used my current tablet (Gateway C-120X) with two different extended battery. One is thick and gives it an TM2-like shape. The other the same thickness as the tablet, but sticks out the back. The latter is just so much more pleasant when the tablet is in profile mode, like it usually is.

The amount of space the device takes up is an issue too, more than the weight. I've never found the 5lbs burdensome, but carrying the device around means carrying it around braced on my hip like a school boy, or in some huge backpack or sleave. What I really one is something the size of my iPaq 210 with a 1280x800 resolution :).

2. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

Agreed, My first digital art tablet was the tx2500z, big, heavy and hot. I purchased a Fujitsu U810, not bad, but has a bit of a lag and no active digitizer, I found a OQO model 2 with active digitizer on ebay, lags just as much as the U810, gets too warm, battery is worthless, company went out of buisness a couple months before I got it. Currently own the Tm2, really great machine but too big to really take with me to different places. If this slate works as well as the Tm2 it will be a worthwhile investment, I'm just curious as to how Ntrig compares to Wacom. I dont need all of the pressure sensitivity offered by Wacom devices, but I would like some, I dont know anything about Ntrig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.