HP Slate 500: Accessories

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by jgjackson, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I have a panasonic drive with the y connector as well. It works fine with the docking station. The 2 USB ports on the dock are perfect for the drive. I have no need to use the drive without the dock.

Bronsky:cool:

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

FYI - got my spare dock and power brick from the HP parts store today. No, I did not have a coupon, so don't know how that would work, and I refused to pay $49 for the power side cable to the brick (RICK - how in the world can the power cord cost MORE than the brick).

Anyway, we will now be set up at home and office for max portability. Despite the great handwriting recognition, I really need a keyboard and mouse for long document editing sessions.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. AGraves

AGraves Pen Pal - Newbie

Hope someone can help me out. I want the get an SD card for my slate. Does any one have any suggestions for a good brand and type. I am looking for a 16gb and want to spent around $50.

4. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

5. AGraves

AGraves Pen Pal - Newbie

I have always used Sandisk, but would you recommend PNY?

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I want the get an SD card for my slate...>>

A: You can also try TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics . I tend to buy SanDisk, Patriot, PNY. Kingston and Lexar should also be excellent. I don't buy Adata (no specific reason) or Transcend (usually among the least expensive, but some reports of reliability problems). You might consider Catagory 6 or Category 10 cards, but the actual speed when installed will primarily be a function of the buffer. Since the Slate 500 is essentially brand new, I assume that the motherboard architecture will be compatible with some of the fastest data transfer speeds.

Really, there are many good brands of cards; you can hardly go wrong...!

7. ghost74

ghost74 Scribbler - Standard Member

Newegg Item # N82E1682022o452

Patriot LX32GB Class 10

So far so good.

8. AGraves

AGraves Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the help guys! I found a 16 gb PNY Netbook SDHC card on amazon for $35 and I got a $20 giftcard for amazon so I will most likely go with that. 16 gb for $15 can't beat that.

9. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Pen Pal - Newbie

So what are the chances we will get a nice docking station, blue tooth keyboard, and carrying case to fit it all like the Ipad? Right now I am heavily considering this if the Asus EP121 does not come out shortly after CES and those things are necessary for what I need in class.

10. krelvinaz

krelvinaz Systems Analyst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.