HP Slate 500: Accessories

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by jgjackson, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I'm looking at the apple bluetooth keyboards on ebay and there are different model numbers. One is a MB167LL and one is a MB184LL. Can anybody point me to listing of the models and the differences?

Haven't decided on a folding unit or the apple. A used Apple keyboard seems to be selling for around $40. New, they are $60. Any reason to avoid buying a used one?

Bronsky:cool:

2. violajack

violajack Pen Pal - Newbie

The Apple bluetooth keyboard is great. I like how slim it is, easy to put in the bag with whatever else you're carrying (it's just an Archos 9 in my case). There are two generations, I'm not sure which model number is which, but AFIK, the only difference is that the first gen uses only 1 battery, and the second gen uses 2. I would guess they just wanted it to last longer. It's AAs either way. I'm not even sure which generation I have, as I got mine from craigslist, but it works great and is very comfortable for long typing sessions, as the batteries in the back provide just the right slant to the keyboard on a table.

3. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

The model number listed on my 2nd-gen Apple mini (no keypad) bluetooth is A1314.

John

4. galingula

galingula Scribbler - Standard Member

5. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

I tried one of those out at the gadget store in an airport once - it's extremely sensitive, and its behavior can change depending on where you stand and how much light is hitting the sensor.

John

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The two hour rechargeable battery would be a nonstarter for me - I can barely getting my thinking started before I'd be out f battery.

7. ghost74

ghost74 Scribbler - Standard Member

So to kill time until my Slate arrives I have been searching for a bag or sleeve.

Could someone measure the overall dimensions of the Slate when it is inside the case that came with it?

Also, what are the dimensions of the power brick and dock?

Thanks in advance.

8. Bronsky

It looks like a used or refurbed apple bluetooth will cost about $40-45 on Ebay. I also saw this folding KB that looked interesting for $50. Freedom i-Connex Folding Bluetooth Keyboard - eBay (item 140490392552 end time Dec-19-10 07:35:11 PST) Anybody ever use one of these? I'm inclined to opt for the portability.

Ghost - measuring the case with the slate and pen in it (included pen bulge in the measurement), I get 9 1/4" x 6 1/2" x 1". The dock is 6" x 5" x 1 1/2". The brick itself is 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 1" and bundled, the attached wire is 4" x 1 1/2" dia. The plug end is about the same.

9. ghost74

ghost74 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Bronsky,

I ordered this case from Amazon, $15 and free shipping.

Click Here

It may not bebig enough to carry everything if I go out of town but for toting back and forth to work it shouldbe fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Bronsky

That looks like it will be fine.