HP Satisfaction

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by 970261, Feb 22, 2009.

?

Are you satisfied with HP overall?

1. Yes. Definitely.

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. NO. NONONO.

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Neither good nor bad...

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. HP? Why not some other company?

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

I had cognitive dissonance regarding Yes and neither since I would put myself as being somewhat satisfied but not "definitely" satisfied. Finally decided I was closer to neutral.

2. showboatfp

showboatfp Pen Pal - Newbie

Own a TX2500 and have no no major problems so far. Am weary of the problems other users have had with the TX series but I'm hoping for the best.

How durable is the screen hinge of the TX? Has anyone here had problems with the build quality of the consumer line tablets?

3. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

Personal uses for me include lugging the laptop around and working on it in a semi-unstable vehicle both in tablet and PC mode.

TX1308nr hinge is still "okay" but has become a bit loose from its initial "tightness" from usage of a year or so (total used days)

TX2510 is only half a year old and its usage is the same as the TX1308nr and is still tight like new.

Build quality seems to be hit'n miss, where a "hit" would end in a laptop worth more than its monetary value, while a "miss" would cause headaches, but most defects can be fixed (one just has to bear with it initially)

4. hotshot

hotshot Pen Pal - Newbie

Let me start by saying that I really, really wanted my purchase of the recent tx2z to work out, however any of you who read the full message will realize I will NEVER, EVER deal with HP again.

I purchased my tx2z in December and it arrived right before X-mas, great timing right? Well right from the beginning the notebook would not function in the morning when my house was below 65 degrees. The notebook needed a few minutes to 'warm up'. I thought this was kind of odd, but I was possibly wiling to deal with the issue until it kept getting worse. This is where the REAL Problems started.

I called HP customer service, they wanted me to test the system on an external monitor, which I didn't have at home, so they were nice enough to send out a box and have me ship the notebook in to be fixed. Seemed easy enough, they even gave me a form to fill out and send back with the notebook. I was sure to take time from my day to write down the fact that the problems only happened when the unit was 'physically cold' below 65 degrees. I told the same information to the customer service rep, so I figured in a week I would have the notebook back and running..... think again.

After a few short days I received an e-mail from HP that said there was a problem contacting me regarding my order and that I must call them immediately. I found it first of all hard to believe they couldn't contact me as I gave the customer service rep my information, they had my notebook with my information, and I placed a business card in the box with my information, but non the less I call the number, not a big deal I figured. After getting somebody on the phone I was told that my order was just fine, it would ship back out to me Feb. 2nd, I must have received the e-mail in error.

Ok, I figured I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Then the next morning, another e-mail, I needed to contact HP as there was a problem with my notebook. Again, I called the number and was told, sir there is no reason to call your notebook will be shipped out and arrive by February 2nd. I told the rep that this was the 2nd e-mail I was sure that there was something not right about the repair, I was told to just relax and I would have my notebook soon...... then the next day and the next day more e-mails and more phone calls. Finally, on February 3rd I called after yet another e-mail. I was told that it looked like there was a problem....no kidding.

The next day my notebook was shipped, finally I was getting this back. When it arrived there was a note with it that ready, couldn't find anything wrong, updated BIOS. I turned on the notebook, sure enough, it wouldn't work. I waited for 2 HOURS for the notebook to warm up enough that it would work. In the mean time I e-mailed and called, first time I was hung up on, 2nd time I finally talked to somebody that seemed to care about my problem, talked to him for about 45 minutes. Seemed that nobody mentioned the fact the notebook needed to be less than 65 degrees to not function correctly, so we went over some things and the next day I had a box to return the notebook for the 2nd time.

This time the notebook was returned to me quickly, within a week of when I sent it out. As soon as it arrived I opened the box, right away I noticed the screen was different, completely different look and texture. The one I had was shiny; this one was a matte finish and didn't even feel smooth, felt rough. I turned on the laptop, touch screen worked for a minute then errors started to pop up that said I needed to update something.

After trying to fix the problem and rebooting about 4 times I called HP AGAIN. I talked a nice gentleman who again seemed to care, after speaking with him I was told that the wrong screen was probably put on the notebook; however HP had no record of 2 screens being available for the notebook. The only reason the rep knew there were multiple screens shipped on the notebook was because people like myself had called to report the problem, however HP itself would not official acknowledge the fact there were 2 screens being put on the notebooks. Anyway, after 30 minutes on the phone I needed to format my computer and do a complete reinstall just to make sure I wasn't imagining the fact that I had a different screen on the computer, the rep would have to call me back in a couple hours when this was finished.

While my computer was formatting itself I called the official HP store where I purchased the notebook to complain. I was at first to just finish the repair process but when I pushed for something else to be done, I was told that an HP Agent would call me within 24-48 hours and he would resolve everything.

On Monday, February 16th a nice gentleman by the name of Kyle called me. He listed to me and after wanting me to have it repaired, he finally said he would replace the notebook and he would e-mail the specs for the new notebook to me the next morning and once I received those please call to verify. On Wednesday, after not hearing from Kyle, I decided to call him. Left a message and then I called again, finally I was able to reach him. He didn't have my e-mail address so he couldn't e-mail the order to me earlier, even though he had all my order information and HP sent me about 10 e-mails up to this point.

After receiving his new order specs about 5 minutes later I called, and called and called and called. I have left 4 different messages with 4 different people and it is now February 26th, no return call. I even sent several e-mails in response, one of the people I spoke to was nice enough to tell me that when I responded to the e-mail Kyle had sent, that e-mail goes to a big e-mail folder and there is way too much e-mail in there so nobody answers it. Nice to know for future reference, when it doubt, just let the trash build up I guess.

I still don't know exactly how this will turn out, I called American Express a couple days ago and they are going to look into the problem for me, in the mean time they have put the charge on hold and temporarily refunded the charge.

Good luck to anybody that needs to speak with HP's customer service, you'll need it. They came up with what appeared to be a great product, but with service like this I think I'll wait until Dell comes up with something similar to the Tx2z.

5. ARSkemp

ARSkemp Pen Pal - Newbie

I actually called hp about this on wednesday ~ 1:00pm. Still had 9 days left on the one yr warranty, so they sent me a new cable and i have to send the old one back. Received the new cable on thursday @ noon (less than 24hrs!). I was on the phone for about 45min, but still, overall i'm happy with the CS.

6. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

@ hotshot.

Sorry to hear of your troubles!

I find it weird how I have had no issues with hp, but for some reason they seem to be a little biased towards helping people with business model tablets over consumer model tablets.

7. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I am fairly new to the Tablet computer after many years using a PDA and synchronizing it to my home puter. I bought a brand new HP unit about a year ago and had many issues with synchronization and data loss leading throughout the year that it forced me into rethinking my strategy, which of course led me here to a Tablet. The thing that pushed me over the edge was the online tech chat with HP over the issues with the PDA...'sir, it was never intended to be used like that and we believe you are over working the device...'

Now I was thinking that it was actually a buggy Win Mobile v6 issue that was looking for an upgrade to v6.1, but HP had decided to NOT release a new OS upgrade.

Long story short, yes, HP like any other manufacturer is struggling with the quality of its products AND the logistical issues with the tech service group, but it still did not stop me from buying a mega $ Tablet to replace a much cheaper PDA.

Personally, it is my opinion that the service folks do not have a clue! You, the user with technical knowledge, knows more about the product than the people on the chat line.

Dan
    TC1100
    2730P

8. Brian10161

Brian10161 Pen Pal - Newbie

I like my TX2, just wish that HP would get the issue with the keyboard disabling and staying disabled when booting in tablet mode and that I could get XP to install on it. Other than that, I am extremely happy. The hardware is definitely high quality and its a good price for what you get.

9. KomodoX

KomodoX Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm a new owner of the tx2z and I'm just not sure where to put HP on the scale. Quality control is definitely lacking, but from the exposure to their tech support that I have had, it is mostly hit or miss on whether or not they will be helpful.

10. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

i'm definitely happy about my tx2500, though it did have a lot of bloatware and i did spend loads of time trying to optimize it with tips suggested in this forum... but other than that i'm really happy about my laptop =) (seeing that this is an upgrade from my p3 .7 ghz desktop computer LOL which i upgraded to 1 ghz! HAHAHA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.