HP Pro Tablet 608 - Issue with Windows 10 Update - Power and Volume Buttons stopped working

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by twitfri, Aug 6, 2015.

1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

You did good. This is a business class device so there are normal channel listings and 'smart buy' listings for everything including the device itself. The "UT" in the P/N designates the smart buy item and they are a bit less expensive and identical to the more expensive item. My Elitepad 900 and 1000 had an identical split in P/N's. Different outlet channels.

dellaster likes this.
  2. MrPhilo

MrPhilo Pen Pal - Newbie

So has all the issues been fixed?

I'm about to order this bad boy in the UK, finally came out for 1 supplier..

3. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

I hesitate to say that "all" the issues are fixed. There must be some reason why HP still have not released the W10 preinstalled version, right? But after a clean install and applying all HP's latest drivers (and BIOS 1.06), I am not having any issues other than those that everyone has with W10 (poor battery duration, Edge sucking, etc.). Knock on wood.

4. MrPhilo

MrPhilo Pen Pal - Newbie

There is some Windows 10 version for this Tablet, I'm presuming HP has finally fixed this, although expensive in the UK £540 for the 128GB, I suppose i'll have to treat myself once in a while :)

Also if someone who is like me and used tempered glass on all the touch devices, can someone test this tempered glass? I think it'll fit perfectly on the 608

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...rue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=AS9VUY48YQ6WK

5. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

Yes, they've had W10 versions listed since late July. As I related in tte main topic, I had one one order for six weeks. Unfortunately I was told by HP business support that it would be at least October 30 before they ship due to problems with Windows 10 on the tablet. So I cancelled, got a W8.1 version, and did nte W10 upgrade then clean install myself

6. IsLNdbOi

IsLNdbOi Scribbler - Standard Member

Cancelled my order too. I'll just wait for the new Dell Venue 8 5000 series units coming out with 1080P screens and Wacom stylii.

7. GabeA

GabeA Pen Pal - Newbie