HP Pro Tablet 608 - Issue with Windows 10 Update - Power and Volume Buttons stopped working

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by twitfri, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Those are valuable observations, Avenger, and especially helpful for anyone who's looking for a noticeable boost in processing speed. Cherry Trail isn't that much faster on normal tasks than Bay Trail. The bump is mostly in the graphics, and the Surface 3's x7 Atom CPU does a bit better there than the 608's x5. At least on paper.

Fortunately I wasn't anticipating a speed increase for my daily tasks--my Bay Trail Q584 does them all just fine, as did the Asus VivoTab Note 8. I'm after the high ppi count and 4:3 aspect ratio and... well, to sum it up I want an iPad Mini with Windows OS. ;)

I'll have to try the pen for myself to see if I get annoyed by it going into standby like that.

2. IsLNdbOi

IsLNdbOi Scribbler - Standard Member

3. Avenger

Avenger Scribbler - Standard Member

Bah. It says a Dell Active Stylus although later the article mentions something about a Wacom Active Stylus being available. I've come to the conclusion that the only stylus I like is the classic Wacom one which doesn't take a battery.

4. ScottSanders

ScottSanders Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the Pro 608 G1 and bought the HP Active Stylus but it isn't working at all. I have Win 10 and all drivers are updated. Any ideas? Is this the right stylus?

5. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

No, the Surface 3 pen doesn't shut off. Now I'm second guessing my purchase as I do use the pen often for notes.

6. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

From what I can tell the claim is that there will be a single layer digitizer bonded to the screen. If it is a Wacom digitizer then this will be the new system that uses a pen battery.

7. dceggert

Which pen did you buy? HP has several but there is only one that supposedly works with the 608 G1.

8. ScottSanders

ScottSanders Pen Pal - Newbie

It is listed as the Active Pen, Product# J4R51AA#ABL

9. dceggert

Let's see...

The pen for the 608 is listed as N9D47AA#ABA or N9D47UT#ABA.

The pen for the 408 is listed as K8P73AA so you don't have that one.

What you have is apparently the N-trig DuoSense pen. You will need to order one of the above 608 pens.

10. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What's weird is that the first is $10 more than the second and I couldn't see any difference between the two. So I ordered the less expensive N9D47UT unit ($49).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.