HP Pro Tablet 608 G1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dellaster, Sep 14, 2015.

1. azzoug

azzoug Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Nihilitus

Nihilitus Pen Pal - Newbie

No. This model is only wifi. The problem with touch is real, but depend on every device. Some are useless, others are useful and even others are in the middle. Other problem is the performance. With windows 10 version 1809 the device runs slowly. If you wanna resolve this issue, you must deactivated the transparency effects. I recommend the office mobile suite instead of desktop version. With all these changes your device must run properly. I bought this device for the size and price, but if you prefer a better device with windows 10 I recommend surface go lte version.

3. azzoug

azzoug Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much for this analysis
    Excuse me i will use google translation to reply (do not speak english)
    I got the tablets a week ago. Everything is perfect
    It is already without WWAN options (only SIM card slot)
    It's a big problem for me (I'm roaming a lot)
    I read in some forums that if a slot is available I can install this piece:

HP lt4112 HUAWEI ME906E

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-lt4112-...DD-4G-WWAN-module-Card-Unlocked-/332738320847

I'm puzzled now
    Can they be easily installed?

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2019
  4. Will01

Will01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Greeting has all,
    I ordered on Ebay this 608 G1 z8550 4gb / 64g for $90, although opinions are not very flattering, I chose it as its format and to replace a lenovo miix 3 830.
    Nowadays, the lenovo works perfectly under Ubuntu Gnome 19.10 64 bit (with grub and boot 32 bits) while I had quite a lot of problems under win10.
    I must accept it on Tuesday, 17 and I have good hope that she works rather well with Ubuntu and can be an update of the bios 01.21.
    I would keep posted you for those that this interests!

(Google translation)

5. patrickleigao

patrickleigao Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought HP 608 G1 from Newegg for $80. The stock Windows 10 is doing okay. It's slow but acceptable. If you don't treat it as a laptop replacement, and use it for dedicated purpose, it's completely fine and versatile. For example, use it as a youtube/netflix player, or a hifi player, a recorder, or a OneNote input device. By the way, the screen is amazing. I would prefer to watch movies from this tablet to the latest ipad.

I also tried several other options. Windows 10 S is not so impressive as it's so limited. Ubuntu 20.04 works smoother than windows 10. Currently Ubuntu stays on my tablet.