HP Pro Tablet 608 G1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dellaster, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Shooby319

Shooby319 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea I reinstalled the latest intel wlan and Bluetooth drivers as well as the Realtek USB drivers that were listed on the HP drivers page. Turn off all live tiles and turn off all apps from running in the background. You can also try doing a sleep study to see what's draining your battery. Open up a command prompt and type powercfg sleepstudy.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  2. JarkMackson

JarkMackson Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm still having huge issues. Every day it's something new. I have both the Bluetooth keyboard case and the one that uses the connector and I'm getting HUGE lag with both now. This is my 3rd G1, and in my last attempt to save this thing from the bottom of the garbage can I'm going to completely reset it and give it one more chance. I'm currently on firmware 1.6, 1.7 is safe to flash right? I think the touchscreen lag started at 1.8. Thanks to everyone for their help.

3. Shooby319

I'm on latest, 1.13 with all the latest drivers except the Intel IO/audio/etc. driver. Haven't had any problems with the pogo pin keyboard. The device as a whole lags when typing with any keyboard including the on screen keyboard, but I've learned to live with it.

4. Shooby319

My sleep drain issues returned. After doing a sleep study report, I found that it was the 4G mobile broadband that was active during the entire duration of my connected standby sessions. I disabled the mobile broadband controller in the device manager and that has fixed the sleep drain issues once again. I turned on airplane mode and put the device to sleep. The battery drained from 74.6% to 70.6% in 10 hours, or about 0.4% an hour. Try it out if you purchased the 4G version.

5. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

This tablet model is completely broken in several different ways. It is literally like playing whack a mole with issues. People REALLY need to return their tablets or get rid of them on Ebay. It has been a year and alot of the same issues are STILL happening.

HP will NEVER fix these issues, sell or return these tablets while you can.

6. JarkMackson

JarkMackson Pen Pal - Newbie

No luck for me, I tossed it in the trash this morning, I'd rather not spend another wasted minute on this abortion. A tablet with these specs could have been great but it seems HP could F*ck up a cup of coffee. I'm thinking ipad Pro now.

7. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

8. josephlim75

josephlim75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone in this thread managed to install Android x86 or Remix OS into HP 608 G1 ? Anyone tried dual boot using EFI ?

9. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dam you! I have the sudden urge to buy a Switch now! :p

Now you filled my head with ideas for mounting Joycons to my VivoTab Note8...you bastard! :D

10. JMadoc

JMadoc Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any way to have the pen not require such a hard application of pressure for it to even register? This is so unlike my Asus Vivotab Note 8 (RIP Wacom pen detection because lol windows "updates"), where I can just very lightly move the pen around so as to not damage the screen.

I'm starting to think that this tablet's pen is only good for really rough sketches, Oekaki-style sketches where the brushes lack Anti-Aliasing, or game sprites. If I knew there was a better 8-inch Windows tablet with Wacom pen technology, I wouldn't have even considered this tablet in particular.