HP Pro Tablet 608 G1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dellaster, Sep 14, 2015.

1. JarkMackson

JarkMackson Pen Pal - Newbie

My erase button works but just selects in onenote, not erases (not sure if that can be changed). I think if the sensitivity could be adjusted the stylus would be fine but so far I have had no luck finding any way to make it better.

I did a complete reset of the tablet and I've found a few annoying issues:

1. For some reason after I remove some HP bloatware, the pin option to sign in won't come up.

2. I can't Uninstall HP Client Security Manager. Gets 1/2 way and then has an error.

3. HUGE BATTERY DRAIN ON STANDBY! I have the dell Venue Pro 5855 and did a side by side battery test with both on standby, the Dell will last a few days while this thing can go maybe 5 hours on standby and that is even after I reset it and didn't install any programs.

3. It absolutely will not charge unless I use the charger that came with it. I have tried multiple chargers & cords with no luck. WTF?

Anyone else have these issues? I really want to like this thing but it doesn't want to let me.

2. JarkMackson

Ok, so I just solved issues 1 and 2 by looking online for a fix, I guess I should have tried harder before complaining...

One more thing though, this thing gets hot! All of the reviews address how it gets throttled because of the heat. Does anyone think pulling the back cover & installing a heat pad or applying some of that thermal paste on the inside of the back cover would help?

3. QuentinC

QuentinC Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

Is there anybody on W10 anniversary there ?
    I cannot make the webcam(s) work after this update...

4. Shooby319

Shooby319 Pen Pal - Newbie

Joining in on this thread, received my tablet a few weeks ago and haven't had any issues with it. Running Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update. A Windows 10, 8-inch tablet with a 4:3 screen and 4gb of RAM was exactly what I was looking for. I've read the entire thread and was aware of the issues that early adopters had, but the issues seem to have been resolved with BIOS and driver updates. Just an FYI for those considering purchasing this tablet who turned away after reading the terrible experiences early adopters had. My only gripe is that I wish HP had used a Wacom pen instead. Like other users have mentioned, it takes quite a hard tap on the screen for the pen to register a tap. There isn't any way to adjust the pressure sensitivity or any options for the customizing the pen.

Another thing I do wanna mention for those interested in purchasing the keyboard case, I found out that there are actually two different models of the case. The first model (model K4U64UT#ABA), which cbutters reviewed early on in this thread, uses Bluetooth and apparently has a Windows key that opens up Edge instead of the start menu. The model I purchased (model M1E79AA#ABA) uses the pogo pins instead and the Windows key opens up the start menu as the key should.

Here's a link for purchase if anyone is interested:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331901670130?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

5. Shooby319

Have you tried installing the latest drivers and Windows updates? My tablet drains about half a percent an hour, less if I turn on airplane mode. Also try tweaking some of the Windows settings like background applications.

6. JarkMackson

I'm still getting crazy battery drain but has anyone tried installing the latest firmware? I wanted to see if the touch screen lag was ever fixed before I update.

7. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm on 1.10 and have nasty touchscreen lag. I'll try to install 1.12 tomorrow and see if its gone.

8. JarkMackson

Please update! I'm terrified of installing anything above 1.09.

9. Shooby319

I've been using 1.12. Started off with 1.09 and then I updated it to 1.12 along with installing the latest drivers. Haven't had a problem with touchscreen lag.

10. JarkMackson

Wasn't 1.09 when the lag started? I thought that anything 1.08 and prior was okay but 1.09 & 1.10 had the lag issue.