HP Pro Tablet 608 G1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dellaster, Sep 14, 2015.

1. mrpistachios

mrpistachios Pen Pal - Newbie

So I ordered my HP 608 G1 (P2C14UT#ABA) about two weeks ago, estimated ship date was today, yesterday I got an email that it won't ship for another 2-3 weeks o_O

I have since received the Bluetooth keyboard (K4U64UT#ABA) and Quick Charge 18W AC Adapter (K4Q78AA#ABA)
    I am still waiting for the Active Pen (N9D47UT#ABA)

Has anyone tried using Photoshop or lightroom with the tablet? I plan to be able to at least import my photos from an SD card onto an external drive while on long trips.

Edit:
    So far Lightroom has been working great, a bit slow as expected but all seems to work fine

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. Blkrx_7

Blkrx_7 Pen Pal - Newbie

If anyone else is suffering from this machine's issues and gets the bright idea to run RemixOS or Phoenix (Both Android x86), I can confirm that i've at least managed to get Phoenix running once or twice. The pen works (no pressure sensitivity, but it tracks independent of touch). Audio does not, nor does it report the battery level. No auto-rotation but graphics driver works otherwise, runs relatively smoothly for a beta OS TBH. Google play apps work for the most part, touch lag feels 20% better, though that may just be wishful thinking. I've left it looped playing youtube videos for hours on battery, I keep missing when it shuts off but it feels like around 4hrs of screen on time.

It's a science experiment at this stage, but if you're bored, it can be done. Perhaps someone with more Linux experience can put together a better package.

3. mrpistachios

Well I got my Tablet today, and after logging in I started the updates and then it shut off. Now it is stuck in a Windows Repair loop :(

Now after a week of using it and updating the windows updates and using the HP updater everything is working great. The pen is tough to use as you really have to press hard on the screen

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  4. mrpistachios

Now I have been using my Tablet for about a week and I really wish I could plug it in to a monitor. I also require to be able to connect an sd card and external harddrive for working with photos from my camera.

Has anyone had any experiance with a dock?

I am thinking of one of these three

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-elite-usb-c-docking-station - T3V74UT#ABA- Has the most ports, its official HP but does not state its compatible wit the 608 G1 and the most expensive

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-us...29UT#ABA&ci_sku=T0K29UT#ABA&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw= - T0K29UT#ABA - This option seems perfect, it is official HP, but also does not state it is compatible with the 608 G1.

https://www.amazon.com/HooToo-Shutt...F8&qid=1466697376&sr=8-1&keywords=USB-C++Dock - HooToo Shuttle 3.1 Type C Hub - This seems pretty cool, it has a SD card slot built in and it is compact, the reviews look good but it is not HP

5. Droidophobe

Droidophobe Scribbler - Standard Member

The first one is listed on the 608 G1 page under accessories so I'm guessing that would work. The HooToo description says it's for a Mac.

How are you liking the tablet otherwise?

6. mrpistachios

I like it a lot, the size is great and the resolution is amazing, it just tends to lag a lot when using chrome or running more than one thing at once which usually causes the audio to skip a bit.

The keyboard cover is kind of disappointing, the Windows key doesn't do what the windows key should, it just opens the browser instead of the start menu, also there are no F keys . I just need to use it more to figure things out, I have mostly been using it as a secondary machine for now

Droidophobe likes this.
  7. Tachnyrus

Tachnyrus Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I've given up on this and gotten a Macbook 12. Too sluggish compared to even an iPad mini, and too small to be used for anything serious. Oh well, let's hope next year brings a Surface 3 replacement with a CPU that doesn't suck. There's no excuse for lagging web browsing when even an iPad mini can do that with aplomb.

8. JarkMackson

JarkMackson Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also finding the pen tough to use because I have to press hard on the screen. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the Atmel pen or the screen to make it more responsive?

9. mrpistachios

After about a month of using the 608 G1, I really wish I had skipped getting the keyboard cover.
    Trying to use it on a desk is a real pain, the screen tilt is too uncomfortable and since the keyboard is so small the 608 G1 sits really close to you forcing you to look straight down.
    After a while my neck starts to hurt, this caused me to order a small cheap adjustable tablet stand on amazon so I can set the 608 a bit farther away from me and at a much better angle.
    I still use the keyboard from the cover but I really wish I had just bought a Bluetooth Logitech keyboard instead.
    It would probably take up a bit more space in my bag but it would be so much better to have F keys and an actual windows key, not to mention backlighting

10. hlov

hlov Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think it's possible at all. My pen is pretty much useless it keeps disconnecting and also the erase button doesn't work.
    Is yours the same?