HP Pro Tablet 608 G1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dellaster, Sep 14, 2015.

1. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

... And then there are those like me who never had any problem whatsoever with the 608. Windows 10 Pro since early last Fall.

Guess I'm keeping it. I tried to sell it once but the buyer claimed intermittent pen failure so I got it back, minus insured shipping (NOT cheap). I couldn't get it to fail in OneNote but who knows what she was using. It's not worth having it bounce back again. Besides, it might be the last 4:3 aspect ratio Windows device, ever, that will play all the old, great games in full screen--strategy games such as Master of Orion 2 and all those adventure games they don't make like they used to make 'em.

So it's basically just going to be my legacy game player (and backup Windows device, of course). :D

hiramkey likes this.
  2. Liviu Sas

Liviu Sas Pen Pal - Newbie

I received my 608 with Windows 10 a week ago, and everything runs really well. No major issues.
    The only issues I can see so far:
    - battery discharge time is always 5 minutes
    - sleep not really working, and killing the tablet in a few hours - Fixed by enabling hibernation after 15 minutes of being idle. This way it takes a bit longer to wake up (10-15 sec instead of 1), but at least it always has battery when needed.

It came with firmware version 1.06, and I am afraid to upgrade it :)

3. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea do not upgrade the firmware, you will get the touch screen lag issue and it will make it so you do not want to use the Tablet. This issue was reported in mass months ago and HP have still not fixed it.

Also after some time you may notice Wifi issues, dropped connections on long streams and also Highly reduced speed coming out of sleep mode forcing you to reboot to get normal speeds.

4. Hugh

Hugh Pen Pal - Newbie

What are the key reasons you prefer 8.1 to 10 on this tablet?
    I'm on 8.1 and considering updating.

5. JarkMackson

JarkMackson Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried getting the active pen for this tablet? I just went through insanity with CDW. They were the only ones who had it in stock and when I tried to order it, they had a problem with me shipping to my home address rather than my business address and wanted me to wire the money to them instead, then they realized they were out of stock and had to back order. NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM CDW. Also, no one has this in stock anywhere online. Crazy!

6. Lizard_labs

Lizard_labs Pen Pal - Newbie

I got it from Provantage. They had to order it so it took about 6 weeks to get it, but they came through.

7. JarkMackson

JarkMackson Pen Pal - Newbie

How do you like it?

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It's an Atmel pen no? Just for kicks I took a look at EBay to see what these tablets are selling for and was amazed at the prices people are asking for them. The HP Envy 8 is half the price and seems to have a better pen.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  9. Lizard_labs

Lizard_labs Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't had much chance to use it recently due to other matters, but I didn't find a lot of application support for it, although I do have one app that I want to try soon.

Bronsky likes this.
  10. hlov

hlov Pen Pal - Newbie

Got mine delivered to Sydney from the states. 64/4G LTE, BIOS 1.04, tried windows 10 but didn't work, what do I need for running Windows 10, I went through the whole post and several issues with BIOS- Firmware, runs 8.1 pretty good but miss 10.
    thanks
    H