HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 10, 2016.

1. biswasd

biswasd Pen Pal - Newbie

HI all -

I just bought the pavilion x2 12 inch model from the microsoft store for a discount - $539.

However it did not come with a stylus.....talking to people at HP was no good - they don't know s***

Anyone have a confirmed active stylus model that works with this machine?

BTW - the trackpad is garbage....but useable.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016
  2. biswasd

biswasd Pen Pal - Newbie

p.s. battery life on first charge was 5 hours at 100% brightness - which you need as the max brightness is not as bright as my ipad - in my opinion.

3. senritsu01

senritsu01 Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope someone does a review. I can't find much info on it.

4. biswasd

biswasd Pen Pal - Newbie

Also, speakers are crappy and tiny - but acceptable - compared to ipad pro with quad speakers, the HP speakers are not good (2 out of 10).

alas, I don't use speakers except for watching you tube videos so are acceptable.

Also, connected the tablet was very easy to my LG WebOS tv - was able to stream youtube and movie from the windows store with one click.

Keys on keyboard have very good travel, but gain, the two finger scrolling and the general clickabiility of the touchpad is very mushy.

but acceptable for a $539 laptop / convertible ---- this is not a primary machine type of device but great for travel.

i am selling my ipad pro once i get my HP Active Pen from HP to verify that it works with this tablet....if pen no work - no more HP tablet ....

If pen work, buh-bye Ipad pro and Apple Pencil.....:)

senritsu01 likes this.
  5. biswasd

biswasd Pen Pal - Newbie

4 gb of ram and 128gb ssd are acceptable, but wish the 8gb ram and 256 gb ssd model were available.

If they launch it in the next 30 days and Microsoft sells it, I would advise upgrading.

6. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

Just wondering if you received the pens from HP, what model they are, and, most importantly, how are they working?

7. ca429126

ca429126 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I was about to buy this notebook but HP told me that there is no possibility connect docking station. There is no WiGig support so no wireless docking station. And there is no mention about thunderbolt support over usb-c port. Is it true that no USB 3.0 docking station can charge notebook simultaneously? Did u guys tried any USB-C docking station (HP Elite USB-C Docking Station) with this notebook? Will it charge notebook simultaneously?

8. Enni

Enni Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I'm also currently looking into buying the Pavilion X2. I was playing around with a demo unit in the store and noticed that it does not seem to have a "Precision Touchpad" (PTP), but instead uses the same old crappy Synaptics touchpad driver. I'm hoping that this was just an issues with a misconfigured demo unit... Could some please confirm wether or not the tablet has a PTP? You can easily identify it in the (modern UI) system settings under "Mouse and Touchpad": If it states "Your PC has a precision touchpad", then we're good (like here: http://www.nextofwindows.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/PC-Settings-Precision-Touchpad.png). Thank you very much.

9. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

10. Retro_uk

Retro_uk Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow! An unboxing and video review on this mythical machine :) I was going to post a comment on youtube, but it won't let me for some reason.

I was originally surprised that here in the U.K it comes with the stylus. But then a quick calculation reveals we pay the equivalent of over 700 dollars the laptop :/