HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

I disagree. The Elite version of the Spectre x2 12 is the Elite x2 1012. I view the Spectre x2 12 and the Elite x2 1012 as primarily a tablet that can also used as a laptop. I view the Pavilion x2 as primarily a laptop that can also be used as a tablet. I think there are use cases for both.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. zeek

Well said. This is why I would like to see an Elite version of the Pavilion x2 12. That fits my use case better too. I like the Pavilion concept but wouldlike better features like the backlit keyboard, etc. I was attracted to the Surface Book but decided against it for the reasons stated plus others.

3. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have to add that, having played with the earlier/smaller version of the Pavilion X2 in a store, I find the design to be super-clever and attractive. It's my favorite convertible by far. HP has a really good thing and needs to run with it.

(Particularly smart: HP has solved the tilting/balancing problem common with kickstand-less convertibles by shaping the tablet into a wedge. The weight is therefore distributed somewhat unevenly--the thicker, heavier part is attached to the keyboard, lowering the center of gravity of the device.)

4. zeek

Interesting point about the wedge shape. I hadnt noticed that. I tried the 10 inch model in a store but it seemed somewhat toyish and a little unstable if you lifted the front of the keyboard slightly. Hopefully the new 12 inch will have a better weight distribution that will help.

5. SanctfiedDevil

SanctfiedDevil Pen Pal - Newbie

I find the weight to be well distributed. However, you do get a slight wobble on the screen if using it on your lap while typing but I don't find it enough to complain about. The hinge itself is rather tight and solid out of the box and hopefully it remains that way. I could easily see that if it loosened a bit, it would not be enough to hold the screen in place.

Cuberdon75 likes this.
  6. zeek

So you have the new 12 inch model...is that correct? If so, do you have the stylus?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

7. SanctfiedDevil

SanctfiedDevil Pen Pal - Newbie

Correct, I have the 12" Core M model (b020nr). No, I don't have the stylus. I'm the one that's complaining that it doesn't come with it, no matter what HP's store page says. I bought two of them and neither had one packaged with it. Speaking with support, they couldn't confirm or deny if it was suppose to be there. To start with they were arguing with me that it didn't according do their technical documents. When referring them to the store page where it states that it does, they escalated the case and told me to expect a response within 24-48 hours.

8. zeek

My apologies. I didn't realize you were that person.

I empathize with you. HP can really be difficult to work with. I typically have to call several times to get an issue resolved and get transfered multiple times until I get to a person who can resolve an issue. I also get disconnected and people say they will call back but don't. I think they make some well engineered products but their sales, service and support staff need much improvement as does the accuracy and currency of their web sites and documentation.

9. neten

neten Pen Pal - Newbie

Whether you disagree or not, hp sees the pavilion x2 12 as a midranger. And it is clearly a tablet, that can be used as laptop, as it has all its extension ports on the tablet part.

10. zeek

If HP sees the Pavilion x2 12 as a midrange pc then they have room for a higher range Elite version of it. I hope they offer one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.