HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

There seems to be conflicting information about whether it supports the Wacom AES pen. Can someone please provide a link to HP site that states it? I looked at the maintenance manual and didn't see any reference to pen support. This makes me doubt that it really has it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

this unboxing video had the pen

and it's the HP wacom pen like the one with envy note 8

3. zeek

How do you know it's the Wacom AES pen?

This is for the Dutch model. Is the US model the same?

4. alisaad619

that's how the wacom pen looks like , the synaptic pen have a very different design

5. zeek

I see. Interesting. I just checked the maintenance manual again and it does list the "HP active stylus pen" as a misc part. Odd that they didn't include it like they do for the Envy Note 8. Maybe they want to lower the base system cost or maybe they don't think that everyone will want it. I'm going to see if I can try one out and will report back.

6. zeek

It will be interesting to see if HP offers an Elite version of this product with higher end processors and that includes features like back-lit keyboard, WWAN option, pen included, etc.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  7. alisaad619

like a Surface book competitor (with a dGPU in the keyboard)

i think HP should merge the business and consumer brands , like the spectre x2 is not needed , they should have released the elite x2 as the only high end 2in1 for consumers and businesses

8. zeek

The option for a GPU in the keyboard would be nice. maybe also an option for extra battery power in the keyboard but this would increase the weight maybe too much.

9. neten

neten Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think this is gonna happen. The "elite" version as you say, is the spectre x2 12. This one, the pavilion x2 12, is HP's mid range proposition on 12 inch hybrids.

10. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

You may be right--perhaps that's how HP sees it.

However the Pavilion is a much more interesting proposition to me than the Spectre X2 simply on account of its keyboard. I want a true laptop convertible. I doubt I'm the only one. A lot of people still aren't sold on the "tablet that can replace your laptop" Surface mantra.

So, that leaves the Surface Book. But 1/ it has problems (the tablet part, in order to achieve lightness, is woefully under-batteried; the keyboard mechanism seems simpler on the Pavilion) 2/ the price point and processor are upper-end. That leaves a lot of room for competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.