HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

2. senritsu01

senritsu01 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm curios about the speakers, are they good?

Allso I believe they are selling them at Walmart.com Walmart has a good 15 day return policy.

3. alisaad619

I have experience with the 10 inch version that have the same design (2 front speakers) , I'm not an expert on audio but to me they sound louder than usual (louder than my thinkpad yoga or surface pro 4)

but if speakers quality is critical for you then you should not take my non expert opinion seriously because I know nothing about audio

4. alisaad619

here a quote from my reddit post :-

another surface clone that start from 470$ (including the keyboard and pen in the box)

it have the surface essentials , good pen (wacom AES) , screen with 3:2 aspect ratio , detachable keyboard and light 750g tablet part . also have all the ports (usb A , usb C , micro hdmi , and micro SD )

it's also lappable like a normal laptop (but don't have a kickstand , so you choose if that is a good thing or not , personally I like the kickstand more than lappability, because I use 2in1 as a tablet more than as a laptop , so it depend on your use case )

overall , it's a surface clone that bring a welcomed addition (lappability) without sacrificing what makes a surface great (3:2 screen , light tablet , and good pen ) , I can recommend this device to students and for light general productivity

the 470$ version powered by Atom X5-Z8500 (2GB of ram and 64GB of storage ) , the 570$ version is powered by core m3 (4GB of ram and 128GB of storage)

both version comes with a 12 inch 1920x1280 3:2 screen , a wacom AES pen , a keyboard dock with 1.5mm of key travel , and the battery capacity is mediocre at 33 Wh .

IMO you should get the 570$ option , it's not a lot more in price but its specs is a lot better (unless you're very light user and will be fine with atom and 2gb/64gb)

5. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Wouldn't you say the core m version is, in fact, a surface pro competitor?

Besides, both the atom and the core m versions have 12 inch screens, whereas the non-pro surface is a 10 inch device. IMHO real typing comfort and "latop-ness" start around 12 inches.

In fact I like to think of this HP device as the poor man's Surface Book! (And perhaps even better in one way: the tablet part of the Surface Book has much, much worse battery life when disconnected from the keyboard than the HP.)

6. senritsu01

senritsu01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Good to know. I don't know much myself, as long as the sound is decent that's all I care about.

7. alisaad619

comparing it to surface 3 was based on price (they're competing in the same price category) , so if someone is going to buy a surface 3 for 600$ he should stop and consider the pavilion (because I published my post on reddit at the Surface section)

by specs and design you're right it's between the Surface pro and surface book

8. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

It doesn't have back lit keyboard and mobile broadband (like the Spectre x2) if those are important to you. Also the m3 max may not be powerful enough for some users.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

9. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

A concern might be the view angle and stability when used in "laptop mode". How far back of an angle can you tilt the screen? When you tilt the screen it all the way back does it tend to fall backward if you lift the front edge of the keyboard or lightly press on the top of the screen?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10. alisaad619

update on the retail package, it look like the 470$ atom version does not come with the pen, it's not 100% confirmed but in the specs at hp website it's mentioned that the core m have the pen in the box and it's not mentioned in the atom page.

so after knowing this it's no brainer to get the core m version for 100$ more you get double the ram and storage, a more powerful processor, and a pen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.