HP Pavilion X2 (2016) 12 inch

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Jorari71

Jorari71 Pen Pal - Newbie

And Wacom doesn't sell it's claimed super stylus with the AES technology.

Does this stylus work on this tablet?.

If doesn't too, I will buy a Surface Pro 4. I 've tried this afternoon and although I've tested it with "Fresh Paint" the experience was good. Good enough for buying it rather than the HP pavilion X2 12. What a pity for HP.

2. biswasd

biswasd Pen Pal - Newbie

I returned my HP pavilion today......I feel bittersweet...here's why.

I'm back to my iPad pro - typing this comment on it right now, and it just works - but not having true multitasking capability sucks

The apple pencil experience is however miles ahead of what HP / Microsoft offer with the new Wacom AES styli.

The exception is the new Microsoft Surface styli - they have a eraser on the back of the stylus like a normal. Pencil

Oh well - first world problems - will stay with the iPad pro LTE for now. Good Luck everyone

3. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wacom AES situation is such a mess right now. They really f'ed up by not making them universal.

I was at MS Store just now. Tried HP Pavilion X2 12 with variosu AES pens I had access to.

1. My Lenovo Pen Pro AES pen (with AAAA battery) kinda works, but skips and stutters. No good.

2. The built in silo pen for the Thinkpad Yoga 14 (Best Buy 460) does not work at all. Not even one mark.

3. I tried it with the Toshiba Dynabook AES pen, which was a display right next to the HP. Does not work at all. But that pen works great (even better) than the AAAA Pen Pro one from Lenovo on my TPY14 (BB 460).

All these are Wacom Active ES pens yet they are not compatible with each other in most cases. Apparently Lenovo and Toshiba are using same AES specifications, but HP is not. Makes for a frustrating experience until we get that Wacom Bamboo Smart universal AES pen, which Wacom customer service have no clue about. Yay.

Having said all that, AES experience on the Thinkpad Yoga 14 is still fantastic. The Feel It driver works, all apps work, and I have moved on to making the TPY14 my main device and the VAIO Z Canvas as my desktop replacement that stays at home most of the time with the Cintiq (which is ideal since it can host the Cintiq driver without conflicting with it's own Wacom WIntab driver. Something I wouldn't be able to do with the Thinkpad Yoga 14).

surfaceproartist likes this.
  5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I love the Thinkpad Yoga 14. Just picked up the Skylake model w/ GeForce 940 for $899 at Best Buy. The Toshiba dynaPad's TruPen works much better on the Lenovo than the Pro Pen due to its longer tip.

According to my source at Wacom, AES has a feature that allows pens to have unique ID. In their wisdom, OEMs have demanded that each of their devices has its own UID. Supposedly Wacom has convinced them to back off of that decision moving forward, but given the slow arrival of the Bamboo Smart, maybe not.

6. alisaad619

7. neten

neten Pen Pal - Newbie

New reviews on youtube

8. MOFO

MOFO Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a performance hit on this laptop like the Lenovo Miix?
    Comparing the same specs on a SP4 the SP4 is head and shoulders above the competition in the GPU benchmarks I've seen.
    Not sure if it's the amazing hybrid cooling solution MS uses or if others just limit performance so heat and battery life dont get out of control.
    Just wondering if it gets the max performance out of the hardware it uses like the SP4 .

9. Lockedspacebar

Lockedspacebar Pen Pal - Newbie

HP uses Synaptics Technology for the Active Pen (for all HP X2 except the Elite X2)
    So Wacom Pens won't work.

10. alisaad619

no they don't

they use wacom for the spectre x2 and pavilion x2 12 , Also the envy 8 note uses wacom (and of course the elite x2 too)

they use synaptic in the Spectre x360 and Pavilion x2 10

hiramkey and surfaceproartist like this.