HP Pavilion tx1000z pen response

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by aviv00, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aviv00

aviv00 Pen Pal - Newbie

are tx1000z have fast response like r1f and x60 ?

thx for the sharing

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi aviv00,

The HP tx1000 is unlike the usual Tablet PCs which have an active digitizer (Wacom), like the mentioned R1F and X60. The tx1000, however, is simply a touch screen, so the only response one would get is they either selected the item on the screen, or didn't select it. The included stylus, however, is simply used as an aid to write notes in an ink writing-enabled application like OneNote, EverNote, and so forth. :)

I guess the real question is, how does it par up with other touch screens; does it have problems like vectoring when one puts their entire hand upon the screen itself and begins to write something down. The Fujitsu P1610 solves this vectoring problem by combining hardware with software to reject multiple inputs, such as a resting hand, so that it is almost similar to that of a Tablet PC with an active (Wacom) digitizer.

3. aviv00

aviv00 Pen Pal - Newbie

thx for info.... :)

4. Sheff

Sheff Pen Pal - Newbie

So there are two versions of the screen, one without touchscreen and one with. Does this mean that the one without touchscreen is Wacom and the more expensive one is not pressure sensitive?

I'm an artist and I need to know about the pressure sensitivity of this screen.

5. Gofishus

Gofishus Pen Pal - Newbie

no that doesn't make sense, why would the wacom one be cheaper?

6. Sheff

Sheff Pen Pal - Newbie

Which of the two versions is Wacom? That's what I want to know. Is it one or the other, or neither? I don't care for using my fingers because using the stylus will be more important to me.

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Guys.... Lets clear this up a little.
    The TX1000 uses a passive digitizer ~ hence why we call it a 'Touchscreen' here.
    Because it is a passive screen, this means it does not support Wacom technology and as such does not support pressure sensitivity.

For it to support Wacom technology would mean the screen would have to have an 'active' digitizer, which clearly it does not.

8. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi all,

I was using an example, as such aviv00 was stating what's the difference between the R1F, X60, and a tx1000z. As I've stated, the R1F and X60 utilizes an active digitizer from Wacom; with the exception of the X60 which can come with both a Wacom digitizer and touchscreen. The tx1000z does not have a digitizer from Wacom, like P8RSON has stated above, it utilizes just a simple touchscreen.

Now, to further clear things up: The HP tx1000z has just the two options: an option without a touchscreen and an option with a touchscreen. No pressure sensitivity with touchscreen technology. :)

Now, if you're looking for a Tablet PC with pressure sensitivity, I'd advise you look for a Tablet PC utilizing an active digitizer from Wacom or, if you're interested in Gateway's Convertible Tablet PC, FinePoint Innovations. The differences between the Wacom an FinePoint, however, is a different story and I'll leave that to your own discovery. :)

9. Sheff

Sheff Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for clearing that up. I apparently was misinformed by HP Tech Support.

They also told me various retailers in town where I could see the tablet and try it out. Needless to say, I drove all over town today and none of the had any tablets to show. The one place that did have a tablet refused to remove it from its security contraption and demonstrate it for me.

So now I get. You either get passive digitizer for the touchscreen, or nothing at all. I was under the impression that touchscreen was an option so you could use your finger and the non-touchscreen would require a stylus.

Are there any artists here who use the TX1000? I have a bluetooth Wacom tablet that I intend to use with it. I realize that pressure sensitivity won't be there, but how is it for using a stylus to draw? Does it keep up with you if you move really fast? Do you really have to press hard to make strokes? By hard, I mean your hand would cramp up if you did this for a long period of time.

It's just so painfully difficult to find one of these and try them out in person before makine a purchase decision.

10. Gofishus

Gofishus Pen Pal - Newbie

so...you won't be able to use it as a tablet pc if you don't get the touchscreen option from my understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.