HP Pavilion 11 x2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by fatxander, Oct 30, 2013.

1. fatxander

fatxander Scribbler - Standard Member

Well the Office Depot page did say 5 hours. :) (Contrary to what HP has been putting out for info.) But yeah, seems a bit off what with two batteries. I was figuring 5 hours was the tablet alone with no keyboard.

2. lafester

lafester Scribbler - Standard Member

I did play with it some more last night and battery seemed better but it was still a bit laggy compared to the venue pro 8. Maybe I just got a bad one...

3. lafester

Well the px2 is going back. I did manage to tweak it enough to run pretty smooth but the battery looks to max out at around 5 hours with dock which just isn't going to work for me. It also still stutters and lags a little even while just typing this post which should not be happening with bay trail M and 4gb ram.

4. jtsmall

jtsmall Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks to your post I switched gears with a photography upgrade rather then increasing frustration with the px2, the little engine that couldn't.

I did much want to give the px2 a spin as I believe if well executed it could be today's near perfect ultra portable PC.

I'm curious... what did you learn about this form factor and why does it stumble so badly? I would have thought it a Ferrari in sheep's clothing.

Thanks.

-jts

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

5. lafester

The form factor is great... I loved my envy x2 but sold it thinking bay trail would be much better. I had a couple problems with the pavilion x2 besides the terrible lag. The build quality is solid but very cheap feeling plastic and the terrible battery life.

My venue 8 pro was much more responsive then this and had better battery life. I either got a bad one or this baytrail m chip is a dog. HP seriously screwed up if what I experienced is normal.

6. Labelman

Labelman Pen Pal - Newbie

I checked the battery life on one in PC World store here in UK. Fully charged it gave 4 hours 17 minutes for tablet alone and 6 hours 07 minutes for both batteries. This is with Pentium N3510 -nowhere near long enough.

7. rushmore69

rushmore69 Scribbler - Standard Member

Shame about the battery life. I checked one out at Best Buy. They have a 128gb model with the N3510 for $530. Normal price. The thing has the best storage options of any PC I know of, especially at the price. Full sd slot on keyboard, micro sd on the tablet and two full USB ports. I find the build fine and not cheap. Also, for a 720p display, it has great color and viewing angles.

I have the V11 and T100 at the moment. The V11 won out, but I would have considered this if the battery life was better. The storage options are TOO good to not consider, but five hour battery life is silly. The Lenovo 11S 4210Y gets about two hours better than that and has a higher volt chipset and a fan.

I ran some MAME tests with games like Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur. The speed actually seemed slower then the V11 with the Z3770. It seemed about the same speed as the T100. That is testing heavy CPU games and not benchmarks. I prefer real tests. MAME will truly test the CPU power of a device.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  8. jtsmall

jtsmall Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks.

These findings are truly a disappointment! I was certain the px2 was going to be the one to beat.

-jts

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

9. fmgraves

fmgraves Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the only problem with the X2 the Battery. It sound as the other aspect are ok. Battery life is not a primary issue with me. I tryed the T100 but had problems withthe power switch so I returned it. How would every one rate the x2 vs. T100??

10. lafester

Go back and read my posts again. Its performance was worse then the envy x2 with clover trail.