HP Pavilion 11 x2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by fatxander, Oct 30, 2013.

1. ProdigalKnight

ProdigalKnight Pen Pal - Newbie

I made an account just so I could respond to this thread. I wanted to ask if it's actually been confirmed that HP is no longer producing the 11-h112nr model of the Pavilion 2-in-1 line. I'm headed back to school in less than a month now, but I can only find the 11-h112nr on sale on Amazon for $639.99. I realize the amazing deal of $499 probably won't happen again, but I was hoping to wait it out a bit and see if another deal or a price cut would pop up. That said, I don't want to miss my chance and get this thing if they're for sure no longer going to be producing them. Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated.

2. maddog

maddog Pen Pal - Newbie

3. maddog

maddog Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, re the ssd upgrade, I have the Pavilion x2 11 N3510 version, I created the recovery media, I bought and fit a 240GB SSD (Crucial M500 SSD4) and that's where I need advise, the ssd drive is not being recognised.
    When I boot up I get the message " boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk hard disk (3f0) "
    I cloned the original 64gb drive onto it, all the partitions and files are there when checked via a usb adapter using a laptop, and it is showning up in Device manager on the laptop but I'm getting the destination drive is not present when trying to use the recovery media.

4. Xeph20

Xeph20 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to add a battery to the keyboard dock if there isn't one included?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  5. aleunge

aleunge Pen Pal - Newbie

I know this is an oldie, but just thought to leave it here as a reference since I just picked up one of these guys for cheap (N3510 version). Keyboard dock originally didn't come with battery for me (has a metal plate as a placeholder/weight, came with all mounting screws) but I did grab a battery off the bay since price has really come down for these and stuck it in there with no issue. The dock looks to be the same rather if it originally came with a battery or not. First image is the placement of screws underneath for opening up the keyboard (rubber feet has to come off first of course and lots of prying with a guitar pick/credit card after). Second image shows the metal plate placeholder. Third is the battery placed over it showing all mounting screws aligned and connector. Fourth is just a bonus on how to revive some of these cells since most of what you buy online now are probably quite aged/been flat in storage for a while. I removed the tape and tested the two cells' voltages. They're too low for the tablet to even allow charging since it just assumes the battery is dead. I hooked up a lithium battery (18650 cells) charger directly to each cell and waited a good hour per cell to charge up to 3.7V or so (around 7.4-7.5V in series). Plugged the battery into the dock after and allowed it to charge further without the tablet connected (i.e. until charger light goes from amber to white). All up and running after.

And yes, like other posts have said, the battery model in the manual is wrong. It's actually the 721896-1C1 / MY02XL / 722232-001 cell instead, same as the one inside the SlateBook X2 if you want to get more hits while searching.

Lastly, also upgraded the M.2 SSD inside without issue. Originally had B+M keying so I found the same for the replacement. 2280 dimension and make sure it's SATA interface (and not PCIe).

These things sure are capable. Much better bargain than the Baytrail-T Atoms and performs much better still.

k1.jpg k2.jpg k3.jpg k4.jpg

crashsuit likes this.
  6. Shevanton

Shevanton Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everybody. I've got my HP Pavilion 11-h001er X2 (F1D83EA) damaged: the front glass is cracked, touchscreen works only in the small area (to be precise in the left bottom corner, which is ~30% of the screen). LCD screen is OK. I want to fix it. Do I need 11.6" Touch Screen Glass Digitizer only ? Would this one from eBay be fine for me?