HP Pavilion 11 x2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by fatxander, Oct 30, 2013.

1. fatxander

fatxander Scribbler - Standard Member

Anybody have any interest or info on this model? Looks like it is the only 4GB RAM Bay Trail tablet/hybrid getting released this year that is going to be in a budget price range ($600ish... only other 4GB W8 tab I've seen is the Fujitsu Q584 which seems like it is going to be over $1000).

HP tablets, detachables hit Intel’s Bay Trail - HP Communities
    "The most basic way I can think of describing this new Pavilion model is a little reductive, but it gets right to the point: It’s a hard-plastic-shelled version of what you saw in the O.G. ENVY x2 (that had an 11.6-inch screen as well), but this time out, it gets a lot more zip under the hood thanks to Bay Trail. So, trade that metal shell for a nimble little machine that’s available in Pearl White, Flyer Red and Sparkling Black. Under the hood, 4GB of RAM and a 64GB SSD. This will be available starting at $599.99 come November 17th."

Only thing that seems to suck is the screen. I wish the Omni 10 had 4GB of RAM, or the 11 x2 had the Omni's 16:10 high rez screen......... both tabs are imperfect because of the other's better feature. Still the 4GB of ram on the x2 is pretty tempting, mostly because of a lack of alternatives at this point.

HP Pavilion 11 X2: $599 Windows 8 Hybrid Coming Oct. 16

2. landofvanilla

landofvanilla Pen Pal - Newbie

It's on my radar. If the Dell V11P bay trail model was 4gb ram, that would be a slam dunk. At this point if this device comes in substantially thinner, this may win out.

Also 11.6" may be preferable to 10.8". I just wish Asus and Samsung would update their 11.6" atoms from last year too to see where we stand.

3. hp2

hp2 Pen Pal - Newbie

where's the Elitepad 900's succesor? :(

4. fatxander

5. fatxander

(I just posted a post with a link to OD that hasn't shown up yet, this post goes after it... just putting that here in case they show up backward. ;))

Whoa I just noticed off that link I posted that the X2 has a projected battery life of... 5 hours? That's horrible. If that's true then nevermind on this sucker. :(

6. landofvanilla

landofvanilla Pen Pal - Newbie

Great find... wow, did not expect this to be M. That means SATA and not eMMC too..

Did some searching and found an official ad video: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/detachables/products.html , where they state 9 hours of dual battery life, so maybe 5.5 is tablet only.

Still, how did the Venue Pro 11 achieve 19 hours...

I think now it's just between a core version of the Venue against this for me. The Dell Bay Trail-T just does not match up against this, with the RAM and the SSD read/write difference.

7. fatxander

"MicroSD card reader lets you expand storage capacity. Supports capacities of up to 2TB (2000GB), for both laptop and tablet configurations. (MicroSD cards sold separately.)" (From the office depot listing.)

Is that normal? This is entirely my ignorance here... most of the other tablets I've been looking at I think say they support 32GB microSD cards max. How is this one able to support 2TB, or maybe rather why can't the others? Do 2TB cards even exist?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  8. fatxander

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  9. lafester

lafester Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking about getting one. I had the envy x2 and it was great except for the poor emmc performance.
    This one should solve all of that and then some with the sata ssd and 4 gb ram.

I like the venue 11 pro but for the price and performance this one is a much better deal. I'm just going to live without pen input for awhile longer.

10. lafester

lafester Pen Pal - Newbie

Decided to pull the trigger... it should be here tomorrow. Couldn't pass up office depot selling for $520 plus the discover card 10% cash back makes it $468.
    Hell of a deal I paid more then that for the envy x2 6 months ago.
    This will be my third tablet this month as the dell venue 8 pro and samsung note 8 just aren't going to cut it for getting work done.

Battery life is concerning but with the dock you get 9 hours which isn't bad. I guess thats the trade off for the 'pentium' bay trail M. Having a real ssd, 4gb memory and much better clock speeds I think it is worth it.