HP Omni 10 ... Where did ithis come from?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by excalibur1814, Nov 3, 2013.

1. lazyboy

lazyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Same pop up regarding the warranty appeared also on my Omni 10.

2. lazyboy

lazyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Did anybody test a capacitive pen on Hp Omni 10?

3. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

Been looking at this one, looks pretty neat. Been disappointed the Venue 11 as the battery life is pretty bad (6 and 1/2 hours web browsing). Anyone know how the Omnis battery compares with the Surface 2 and Venue 11? Really want a good battery performer

4. Ytterbium

Ytterbium Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried to load lego Star Wars, it just crash straight away :(. Xbox controller worked fine on USB port though. Seems like everything USB works

5. lazyboy

lazyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

On YouTube i have heard of good battery life (over 8 hrs.). Of course, it depends on how you are using the tablet.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  6. geohec

geohec Pen Pal - Newbie

I got about 8+ hours of web browsing, e-mag reading, and other wifi stuff. My other uses for the tablet will be movie watching via SD card, so I'll report on that later.

I did buy a 64 GB sandisk ultra micro sdcard and it recognized it just fine. Also my microUSB to USB has allowed me to hook up every type of keyboard, mouse, and usb sticks that I own, so it seems to handle everything usb.

As I've said before I'm really impressed with this tablet.

7. lazyboy

lazyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Sad thing is that you cannot transfer files from your PC to your HP Omni 10, using a "standard" USB cable.
    There is no synchronization software from HP, that means you can use network wireless transfer (extremly slow) or maybe an USB stick (double transfer, from PC to USB stick and from USB stick to Omni 10 = waste of time).
    I ended up buying this cable: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00581ES0E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The cable should let me to connect two PCs (my PC and my Omni 10) and transfer files between them at fast rates.

Any smart solution out there, that i missed?

8. geohec

geohec Pen Pal - Newbie

Another option would simply been a USB to ethernet, if you had a fast router and cabling (i.e. gigabit speeds). It might give some flexibility if you ever need to download a large program off the internet. I'm thinking of getting one. I've seen them for around $10-15 but I've got other things I want to get before that.

You should be good to go with the wormhole cable though, most people rave about them for fast PC-PC transfers. Good luck and Happy New Years!

9. lazyboy

lazyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep, the USB-to-USB data transfer cable seems to be fast (at least according to specifications) and very user friendly. Main drawback is probably the price! I have been not able to find any cheaper source in Europe (it seems those cables are way cheaper in the US).

10. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

VERY impressive, this does sound like a great tablet, the Venue 11 is lucky to get around 6 hours of browsing, if that (this is with auto brightness disabled and brightness set to 25%). Do you apply auto brightness on the HP Omni? Sounds like a very good tablet so far, aspect ratio also seems alot better, portrait mode is nearly useless for reading webpages on the Surface and Venue 11