HP Omni 10 ... Where did ithis come from?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by excalibur1814, Nov 3, 2013.

1. RJB91

RJB91 Pen Pal - Newbie

It's is definitely tempting to wait for the new Asus 8". I could get a BT keyboard for the Dell 8" maybe a Wedge or something. I think I'm leaning towards the Dell 11" at this point though.

2. Ytterbium

Ytterbium Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got one $350 seemed liked good deal. Internal Storage gave with CDM 112/61 R/W. 64GB SanDisk Extreme gave 24/24.

I agree screen is really nice, my only negative so far is have to get a USB adapter for full size USB and office seems missing?

3. geohec

geohec Pen Pal - Newbie

Office should be in there, you just need to install/activate it. There should be an install icon in the C drive, if you don't find it on the lower screen. My USB adapter (OTG) cost me $5 with free shipping, but I haven't thrown a bunch of devices at it yet. I'll check it out and report back in my review soon.

As for the Sandisk Extreme, Did you buy the SDSDQXL with 45/45 read/write or did you buy the SDSDQX with 80/50 read/write? It sounds like a bottle neck at the port. Or did I miss something. Please let me know.

I agree the screen is nice. It's also very snappy. I'm impressed everytime I find a few minutes to play with it.

Thanks for the info.

4. Ytterbium

I assumed it would be pre-activated, found the key in the box for office. I ordered my adapter too, just need my Garmin/Polar dongles to be supported (fingersX'd), I assume keyboards and mouse would be good. Shame port isn't USB 3.0 as there is a USB 3 controller on the board.

I have SDSDQX-064G-A46A, it was the same on my Tablet 2, the interfaces to uSD aren't great.

Cerntinally fast enough for most things, a game I have called space hulk on steam, that wasn't so great @ full res.

5. lazyboy

lazyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, would you be so kind to specify which driver exactly you did use? Are they the ones downloadable at Download File | Dell US

I tried those, but it seems that Dell graphic driver is the same already installled on HP Omni 10

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  6. fripp

fripp Pen Pal - Newbie

7. lazyboy

lazyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

8. TacoJ

TacoJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm sorry I left you guys hanging like that. I got caught up with the holiday stuff and forgot to come back and update my other post with where I found the drivers.

Here's the link to the HP support forum thread I found which detailed how to use the Dell Drivers: New updated chipset / Intel HD Graphics Driver for Omni 10 - HP Support Forum - 3226315

Basically you download the recommended driver in that thread, then unpack them and manually point the Device Manager to use the drivers from that Dell package, from there it will automatically pick the driver and install it. This solved my screen flicker issue, since I have not yet received any software updates from HP to resolve the screen issue. There seems to be zero side effects with using the Dell drivers as well. Both my cameras work, auto dimming works, manual screen brightness controls work, etc. I believe both the Dell and our tablet use the exact same chipsets, so that's why it works.

I'm not sure if the HP driver posted above is newer than the Dell one, but so far I haven't received any chipset/graphics updates when I use "Check for Updates" in either the HP software or Windows Update. The Dell drivers are working fine for me, so I'll probably stick to them for a while.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  9. lazyboy

lazyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

I am testing the new drivers available at Dell.

For the time being, i have stopped the flicker disabling all the energy saving options in Intel control panel (power management).

10. Ytterbium

I put a USB stick on via the OTG port, works fine along with my dongles for Polar and Garmin Fitness devices. The port is USB 2.0 so transfer speeds from stick weren't great.

I noticed that it hard locks up after sitting around for a while, it did it today when I was using it, there was some HP warranty thing that came up but it might just be a coincidence?