HP Omni 10 ... Where did ithis come from?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by excalibur1814, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Malletta

Malletta Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, I'm Italian, I meant "shutdown". I will try to completely restore Windows, hoping this will work :(
    I see "in charge" so I suppose the charger is ok...

2. geohec

geohec Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't be sorry that your Italian.😉 I am joking. I live in California and English is my second language also, but I live here so it was easy for me to pick up. you're doing fine, I was just looking for clarification.

As for restoring your computer, I'm sorry to hear you have to go through that. Not a fun thing to do when you first get a new toy and it's not working properly. I remember reading some one lese on this forum had a battery issue, but it was a little different.

I hope the restore fixes your problem. Good luck and give us an update about how you resolved your problem so that others can learn from your experience especially if it fixes the problem.

Chow😊

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  3. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

Why on earth does HP not have a 64 gb version of this tablet? I have a 32 gb HP elitepad - 32gb's is enough for android or ios, but not windows (if you actually use the tablet for work).

Is it really worth the cost savings to gimp such an otherwise nice tablet with only 32 gb's?

4. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The 64GB version is on the MS store.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

5. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, can't believe I didn't see that earlier - they had the 32 gb version for sale for $299 a few days back and I was on the MS website looking at the tablets.

6. Zathu

Zathu Pen Pal - Newbie

Warning, the 64GB version takes 9.1GB for recovery, while the 32GB came with an SD card. :/

Otherwise I think this is a great tablet with not enough hype. I wanted a Win8 tablet that's:
    1) Lightweight (Equal to iPad 4)
    2) No fans
    3) Comfortable to hold in portrait (in grip and no wider than 16:10)
    4) Great battery life (Baytrail)
    5) Fast enough (Baytrail)

And this is really the only option I could find. At $400 with Office that's a solid deal against leading iOS and Android tablets. I don't understand why it isn't getting any attention from anyone unless the 32GB version is under $300 somewhere.

I only wish it had more case options (though I'm looking at various generic ones) and/or a kickstand (though I make due with a decent folding stand).

7. swaaye

swaaye Pen Pal - Newbie

These are often up on eBay as refurbished items and for around $180 are certainly an amazing deal. I picked up 3 for work, friend and myself now. Can't go wrong.

8. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thinking of picking one of these up refurbished from eBay as an ereader for Comixology, anyone still have theirs and can comment how its holding up? Thanks.