HP Omni 10 ... Where did ithis come from?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by excalibur1814, Nov 3, 2013.

1. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Word!

I'm just having a look through the range of HP machines and found this:

HP Omni 10 Tablet (Graphite) - HP Store UK

Work and Play.
    Instantly responsive, incredibly fast, and entirely intuitive, the HP Omni 10 powered by the latest Intel® Atom™ processor Z3000 series delivers next generation performance. With the versatility of Windows 8.1, the productivity of MS Office Home Edition 2013 and 2 HD cameras to take and share photos, it goes from the boardroom to your living room without missing a beat.
    Windows 8.1 32
    Intel® Atom® Z3770 processor
    25.4 cm (10")
    2 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    1-year limited parts, labour, and pickup and return service

Umm....

Oh, no, it's me just sleeping over here:
    http://www.tabletpcreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4457&News=HP+Windows+8.1+Tablet+Omni+10+Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. fatxander

fatxander Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I've been keeping an eye on it, and is currently in my "top 3". Not sure why there isn't more interest here, unless maybe people are worried about the 2GB of RAM with that much resolution. Otherwise, a 16:10 screen with a big resolution, and the best (z3770) Bay Trail chip are definitely attractive. Honestly, if this thing had 4GB of RAM I'd assume it was custom built for me. :p

I'm pretty much down to three models I'm looking at:
    1. Fujitsu Q584 - perfect Bay Trail tablet (4GB RAM, great resolution, 16:10, options for big hard drive), except that it'll likely be $1000, and may not be out until very near Christmas. Will get if I decide I can spend that much on a tablet at this time, and if I can wait that long.
    2. HP Pavilion 11 x2 - 4GB of RAM and a Bay Trail-M (slightly beefier processor than the Bay Trail-T going in most tablets, with only a little more power use), but horrible resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. Also not sure if there is an option for a >64GB hard drive, which may be a killer for me.
    3. HP Omni 10 - Only 2GB of RAM makes me sad. Otherwise fantastic with great resolution, z3770, 16:10. Also not sure what hard drive options there are... I want 128 or 256GB... will this have that option?

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I haven't seen any Bay Trail's with greater than 128GB. I'm not sure eMMC drives greater than that exist right now.

4. fatxander

The tech not existing would certainly put a limit on the chances of a tablet appearing with it, I guess. ;)

Anyway, to add to my post earlier, reported battery life for the HP x2 is 5 hours, which sucks, so I might be taking that off my list. Really my list (and probably others' who aren't rich) is "Q584 vs Compromise to save $$$". >.> Of course if the Q584 turns out to have Bay Trail-M, it might have bad battery life too, and then I don't know what I'll do. I feel with Windows tablets I'm in a constant state of waiting for them to actually make the technology work well, so I never get to buy. I'm really not like that with most tech... I know there's always a "better thing" coming out "soon", but it really isn't worth waiting for that or you'll always be waiting, but with these W8 tablets they never seem to be good enough to pull the trigger, and there's always a great deal of hype for the next thing. OK I was just whining, and am done now. ;)

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Luckily the Q584 is already on the market (just not in a western one), so we know it's battery life is good. Supposedly it's ~10 hours for the tablet and ~15 hours with the keyboard dock.

6. fatxander

Omni 10 now up for order on Microsoft's site.
    Buy HP Omni 10 5600US Tablet - Microsoft Store

Display
    10.1 in Full HD touchscreen (1920 x 1200), 5-finger multi-touch support
    Processor
    Intel Atom Z3770 1.46 GHz up to 2.39 GHz
    Memory
    2 GB LPDDR3 1066 MHz
    Hard drive size
    32 GB eMMC
    Operating system
    Windows 8.1
    PC type
    Tablet
    Optical drive
    None
    Media drive
    Micro SD card reader
    Audio
    Integrated audio
    Video
    Intel HD Graphics Gen7 4EU with shared graphics memory
    Ports
    Micro USB • Micro HDMI • Headphone output/Microphone input combo
    Battery
    31 WHr (up to 8 hours, 30 minutes)*
    Camera
    Front-facing webcam, rear-facing camera
    Wireless
    802.11a/b/g/n (Miracast compatible)
    Bluetooth
    Yes
    Dimensions
    10.20 x 7.10 x 0.40 in (259.08 x 180.34 x 10.16 mm)
    Weight
    1.40 lbs (0.63 kg)
    Color
    Black
    Other
    Model number: Omni 10 5600US • TPM 2.0

For more technical specifications, please see manufacturer's website.
    Windows Experience Index score
    Base score: 4.1 • Processor: 4.1 • Memory (RAM): 5.5 • Graphics: 4.3 • Gaming graphics: 4.1 • Primary hard drive: 6.9

7. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

This looks good except for the 32gb drive.

I have seen the new Asus tablet (T100?) Has an additional 8 gb of memory for windows, so the user actually has the majority of the 32 gb available to use, wonder if HP or others are doing this also.

8. fatxander

Do you have a source for that info on the T100? The reviews I've read all talk about how much space Windows takes up on the 32 or 64gb.

Anyway, pretty sure the Omni 10 does not have something like that either.

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Is there any word if this is Atmel based or did they just completely skip the pen this time? What about the updated the X2(I know the first gen was suppose to have it, but then something happened to not have it anymore, but I thought maybe they changed it for gen2?)?

10. fatxander

Omni 10 has no digitizer and I don't think even ships with a capacitive stylus. Omni 10 is somewhat of a "bare bones" tablet, except for having an above average resolution.

As for the X2, there are a lot of models in HP's lineup with X2 in it, so don't know which you are asking about.