HP Omni 10 5600us recovery set?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by rockhunter, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

The recent sales on the Omni 5600us combined with local availability triggered the purchase of one. After initial set up and Windows 8.1 updates I intended to make a couple bootable usb flash drives recovery drives with the recovery image set included on them. That was when I found that HP had used yet another method of providing the factory system recovery set. I have seen DVD, separate partition on system drive to hold the recovery set, additional ROM/flash rom drive (Asus T100 32GB model), and now with the Omni 5600 a removable microSD card. But I can't find a way to build the bootable flash drive that includes the recovery set or a way to make a duplicate of the recovery microSD in case of loss or damage to it. Any body got an good solution?t

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not identified a way to create a bootable flash drive with an included recovery set. The Windows 8.1 recovery tools will create a bootable usb flash drive with recovery tools and the hp provided recovery micro SDcard can be duplicated with a disk cloning package.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.