1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

HP is giving away free laptop skins

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mic43, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mic43

mic43 Scribbler - Standard Member

I know many already are aware of this, but If you have a modern HP laptop, you can get a free skin (with free shipping). They have custom cut skins (like for the tx1000 and tx2000) and universal ones. You can pick one of their graphics or make your own custom one with any picture. Here is the link:

http://hp.skinit.com/direct1/index.php
  2. VirtualKnitter

VirtualKnitter Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow - thanks. The hard part will be choosing which one. Anyone out there have one already? How do they look on? Thanks!:eek:
  3. mic43

I got one made from the "school of athens" painting and another from "the persistence of memory"...they are basically stickers made from a thick vinyl. I think they look good, but colors seem to come out a bit darker than you expect. They do fit quite well.
  4. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member

argh, the only supported models are from the "consumer" line and not the "business" line

i'd kill to have a skin: it'd make the best protection against all those tiny scratches my TC4400 is so prone to!
  5. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

it's just a big sticker right `?
  6. mic43

You need a serial number from a consumer model to get the free skin website, but it will let you choose a bussines model (i saw the 4400 listed) to get the skin for once you are in the website. Just get a hold of a consumer model serial number from somewhere.
  7. JR7

JR7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Will they come off nicely if you change your mind? Or, for the mechanically-declined among us (such as me), can you adjust the position if you stick it wrong the first time?

JR
  8. daver

anyone by chance not want a free skin and wouldn't mind passing along their serial number? :rolleyes:
  9. mic43

they will come off and leave no residue, but you can only stick and peel then about five times before they start to loose their stickiness
  10. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

Thanks!
    I only liked the Chopper Skins... going to try the red one on my TX... feeling bold!

Will pass on to all those I know with HP Laptops.
  11. blenda91584@gmail.com

blenda91584@gmail.com Pen Pal - Newbie

help! I am having trouble finding the web site to get my free skin. I want to join in on. Someone -please give this up.
  12. key

key owner of the internet

http://hp.skinit.com/direct1/index.php ?
    It was posted in the very begining of the thread.

btw, am I reading it wrong, or do they ship internationally for free?

edit: btw2, tx2000 has exactly the same shape as tx1000, right?
  13. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

I put in my details and said ship to UK, and they didn't charge shipping...
  14. VirtualKnitter

VirtualKnitter Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine came today - that's some impressive time since I orderd it last Sunday! I just got the laptop on Monday (I ordered with the serial number from my order confirmation, so didn't even have my machine in hand yet). Anyway, mine arrived with a 1/4 inch crimp in one corner, so it won't adhere in that corner. I contacted them via e-mail to let them know about it even before I tried to apply it, just to let them know. Hopefully they'll just ship me a replacement. This one will work for a while - visually it's not that noticable, but i'm pretty certain that it will cause problems long term.

I'm using it on the tx2000 - I actually really like the imprint on the case, but this will protect it. I like the fact that I can just order another one in a different design when the mood strikes me (and i want to spend the money:).
  15. daver

heh, well, i managed to get a skin myself.... even though i don't have a HP model that listed.

the trick? i selected the "tx1000", and entered the serial number on the bottom of my TC4400... and there you have it, a customised skin for a tx1000 is being shipped to me. i've customised the skin so that it has sort of empty space around the two sides, so that I can cut that off to match the size of my TC4400. we'll see how well that turns out.
  16. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you still get these for free with a new consumer laptop?
  17. organerito

organerito Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I went to the Skinit site and I didn't see any option that asks me for my serial number. Could you please tell me if I can still get a skin for free? If yes, could you please tell me where to enter my serial number to get it for free?

Thanks
  18. andy_boy

andy_boy Pen Pal - Newbie

19. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

20. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Seriously? Awesome! That makes a nice change. And they're cheap enough that customs might not care too.

Definitely getting one. Maybe a custom one. If I can settle on a design...

EDIT: If you can't still get them for free, you *can* still find discount codes ;)