HP Executive Pen

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by krish, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

In this case it might be sweet bliss.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I ordered a "G2" pen this afternoon as they are now appearing to be in stock at retailers. It may not work on my Elitepad 900 "G1" and if it does, great, if not I will at least be able to report on the build changes. I will also have it on hand if there is an Elitepad "G2" released that will work with all my accessories. So, the new pen should be on the way soon.

3. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you so much for trying out the new pen and reporting back! I'll be watching closely. I get frustrated at times with my Envy, but still think I got a good deal. A working pen would be the icing on the cake!

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

You and me both.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

5. dceggert

I received my "Executive Tablet Pen G2" p/n F3G73UT and it does not work with the Elitepad 900 G1. I will post more on the observed design revisions later but I wanted to get this out there quick before anyone else ordered one to try. Right now only order one if you have an Elitebook Revolve 810 G2.

6. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

The most insulting thing that HP has done for G1 owners is to put out the G2 in less than a year(G1 should have been BETA and G2 should have been G1 IF IT WORKS PROPERLY). Also, look at all of these included accessories they are throwing into the G2 machine. HP knew they messed up.

Accessories included: HP 2013 UltraSlim Docking Station B9C87AA; HP Docking Station Cable Lock AU656AA; HP Display and Notebook Stand AW663AA; HP USB Essential Keyboard/Mouse H2S75AA; HP Slim Top Load (up to 14.1” x .75” thick) H5M91AA

HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G2 Tablet (ENERGY STAR) -

7. dceggert

That is quite a value for the 810 G2. I just wonder now how good the G2 Pen works with it. A Fujitsu Q584 with a dock and 128 GB SSD is more $'s (but it has a Wacom digitizer)...

8. in4mer

WHO WANTS TO TAKE THE PLUNGE?

Seeing how there are no video demos (only photos), I am hoping it will have improved but will it be GOOD enough for a business machine? . I'm sure the G1 would have failed (is failing) miserably if people had a chance to test the pen out and go, "Right, HP. Someone failed at doing their job at TESTING the pen." If I could, I would probably swap the G1 for a T904. Although it's more money, I know that wacom is better than Atmel.

9. in4mer

Apparently there was a firmware update for the Atmel Touchscreen Firmware dated 20th Jan but it was located in the windows 8 section so I didn't see it.

A little improvement but finger writing is still MORE accurate then pen writing.

10. dceggert

It's your pen. I am on my 3rd where the first one I bought was useless, the second seemed to ink okay but cut out constantly mid stroke. The third, received from service to replace the first one, works very well. Now, mind you, we are not talking Wacom or even N-trig well, we are talking useable, repeatable, and works well enough to rely on. I don't know what is different between the three but I suspect that the early pens must have had some quality control issues or something.