HP Executive Pen

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by krish, Jun 16, 2013.

1. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Then it is back to the Jot Pro or one called the Ultra-Note, I think. Those two are third party capacitive pens that have a little clear disk on the end do you can see where you are writing exactly. Do you know of any other capacitive pens that allows for pin-point accuracy?

2. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

I forgot to ask. When you say inking doesn't work, what program are you using? Paint or something else?

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I test it on Windows Journal and OneNote.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have the Jot Pro and it is just as bad for inking on the Envy x2.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

RaymondPJR likes this.
  5. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I took the plunge and bought the pen. What a disappointment. Could the people who chose this pen not see how horribly inaccurate it is? Why couldn't the stick with the wacom stylus that worked and was decent? You could probably write better with your finger than with the pen...So dissappointing.

I've tested this on the Revolve with the updated firmware released in Aug.

6. gerberli

gerberli Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone

I've just bought the Elitebook revolve 810 and i'm also very disappointed with the executive tablet pen. I have the same problem with handwriting as mentioned in the first post. Is there any other pen that can be used with the elitebook revolve 810? or can i install a wacom driver?

For specs: i'm using windows 8 64-bit, all updates installed, pen firmware updated.

I'd appreciate some help :)

7. cookies4you

cookies4you Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think that Atmel drivers can be replaced by Wacom drivers.

It's in the hardware, after all.

8. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Thought I'd upload a screenshot of the writing quality.

1st one is our fantastic executive pen.
    2nd good old trustworthy wacom.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  9. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Dang! That's like a possessed demon pen or something, making that kind of handwriting scrawl! LOL! :( I'm sorry that you're stuck with that type of experience.... how terrible!! I hope you can return it.

10. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yes, I can confirm. Here are the results of my writing test. Note that this is in OneNote but the performance is nearly identical in the TIP. Taking notes in meetings or marking up PDF's is a bit frustrating.

[​IMG]

Here are some sample drawing/sketching examples:

[​IMG]

Here are just some diagonal lines and what I believe to be the root of the issue. Straight up and down or back and worth are better than these diagonals. My assessment is that the sensor grid is too coarse to provide smoothness in the diagonal. As a result, pen tracking is not very good and it affects drawings or letters unless they are perfectly on these perpendicular planes.

[​IMG]

In short, note takers, students, and artists should stick with N-trig or Wacom. Those that 'consume' information or just use the on-screen keyboard for text entry will like the Elitepad 900 because the touch panel is very smooth. For the Elitepad 900 the pen is definitely 'optional.'

What using the Elitepad 900 reminds me of is the old resistive panel Fujitsu P1620. There is no hovering so selection of things on the screen is literally a poke in the dark (resizing windows for example by grabbing the window panel edge), and the writing performance is equally choppy and sporadic. The machine still has a use and, in my opinion, is trending towards a great value; just not for the user base that uses pen input for anything more than an extension of one's finger.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    Unlogic likes this.