HP Executive Pen

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by krish, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

I will contact you offline.
    UPDATE: unable to send you a private message. If you contact me offline, I will help..
    Rick

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  2. Francois

Francois Pen Pal - Newbie

Being a long time tablet user I have chosen the Revolve 810 as a replacement for my Lenovo X201. I received the active pen last week and I am very disappointed with the way it works. Basically my issues are:
    - It is very noisy, the pen hitting the plastic is very disturbing in a meeting
    - There is no way to calibrate it properly, the tip is off in both directions
    - It is inaccurate and does not respond to when put on the screen for the first time, need several taps to get it working
    - It does not activate touch block, the moment you touch the screen, it will move, zoom or else

To conclude the pen is not usable and there should be a fix for all of the above mentioned problems on very short notice or I am considering to reurn the pen and the laptop because the only reason I bought it was the ability to use a pen.

3. BuckRogers

BuckRogers Pen Pal - Newbie

Rick, I've also sent you an email at the address you provided above. I'm having the same problem on my Revolve 810 - the HP Executive Pen performs poorly in OneNote and other inking applications.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Is the executive pen supposed to work on the Elitebook Revolve, Elitepad 900, and Envy x2? Can someone remind me for which models users can expect to easily track down a working stylus, and if so where to order those?

5. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

There's been a recent update for the pen firmware. Wondering if anyone could share their experiences. I am missing having a pen.

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

How do you get firmware into the pen?

7. Rick

It is actually not firmware for the pen but firmware for the touch digitizer that contains pen improvements. The softpaq will install the firmware on the system.

Rick

8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Rick, should the 900, Revolve, and x2 eventually all work with the executive pen?

9. Rick

ElitePad2 and Revolve both support the Executive Pen. I do not believe that the X2 is supported.

Rick

10. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Could you please elaborate? The x2 should have the same digitizer as the ElitePad. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are pretty much identical as far as the internals go. Are you saying the Envy X2 does not have a digitizer or that you simply don't know if it does. As far as I know, the Envy has the digitizer, but the pen was pulled because it worked so terribly with the unit. It's hard to get a clear answer from anyone on this. I have looked through the device manager for anything that looks like it says 'digitizer' but don't know if it would be combined with the general display and its drivers. I actually have an update for the digitizer from the Revolve sitting on my laptop, but I don't dare install it for fear of what that may do. If this driver were for the ElitePad, I'd install it, but I'm too unsure of the internal differences of the Revolve to just take that chance. Any thoughts?