HP Executive Pen

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by krish, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fkp123

fkp123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay I'm new here, hi !

I must say it's been very much a pleasure reading the posts in this and other threads; the helpful ones, the optimistic ones, even the angry ones where there's child-like behaviour with the throwing tantrums and storming out doors vowing never to return. And the sensible ones. You know who you are.

I am very much looking forward to the next iteration of the HP ElitePad. While very far from being perfect and it's got it's fair share of issues, I believe the 900 G1 is a quality device and system and is in many ways a cut well above the competition. If the 1000 G2 addresses the deficiencies of it's predecessor then it could be a near perfect work device.

I'm intrigued and excited to hear that Penname was invited to a technical discussion concerning the 1000 G2. How super cool is that? (lucky bas---d). That means HP is still developing and investing in this line, which is great news. And if HP is going to make the existing accessories compatible (the Jackets, Docking Station) well that's just plain smart. It saves us from replacing our existing investments with the accessories we may have already procured, and saves HP from having to manufacture and create the additional SKU's. So roll on ElitePad 1000 G2. Fingers crossed they've learned lessons and they've fixed the digitizer and pen issues (hopefully going back to Wacom?), added 4G/LTE, bumped up the display PPI, and there will be no question about the upgraded CPU / increased memory and possible memory expansion.

Given their appetite to use alternative OS's in their other wares, and as unlikely as it will seem for this line, but maybe one day they might even give us a choice of CPU and OS (eg x86 or ARM, Win8 or Android). What would also be very cool is if HP considered a 7" ElitePad 'mini' type phablet to add to their ElitePad range. Similar to the ground broken by the Samsung Galaxy Note range, a device that might effectively replace the tablet and mobile in one fell swoop.

Just my 2c :)

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Does look good, but unfortunately it's the perfect camera angle for not seeing how well ink and tip track.. It also seems that she thinks 'hovering' is the ability to move icons. :confused:

Bronsky likes this.
  5. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

I could cry! Nothing for the Envy X2 at all, seems HP doesn't want to admit they put a digitizer in this thing just like the ElitePad.

6. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Looking at the close up of the writing (the original maxstylus was SOOO zoomed out, you couldn't see how bad it was), I must say it's better and if this was the machine that I bought the first time, but I can still see how it's not accurate. If you look at the G, you can see straight lines. The top of the T is quite a wavy. Nevertheless, the G1s handwriting is dire.

Thanks for the video.

7. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Here is an item I found in a video for the Elitepad 1000 that I have seen nowhere else:

[​IMG]

Kinda interesting but nothing resembling this critter came with my G2 pen so it must be a standalone part. Not in the accessory list that I can tell either so it must not be released yet.

Bronsky likes this.
  8. Rebeljuice

Rebeljuice Pen Pal - Newbie

Is this true? So on the Surface and Lumia 2520 you can get pressure sensitivity from a capacitive stylus? How does that work?

Im also a bit confused by this Atmel technology. According to this site: Atmel’s maXTouch T – the favored choice for Windows 8.1 | Bits & Pieces from the Embedded Design World it states that "Atmel’s maXTouch T Series devices are currently shipping in numerous Windows 8.1 products including the ASUS T100, Samsung ATIV Tab 3, Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro."

Does this mean these tablets have the potential to utilize the stylus in question?

9. Sparke81

Sparke81 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't speak for the other devices, but the Surface Pro 2 definitely uses Wacom for the pen. It may use Atmel for the touch, but I am not sure.

10. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yup,

My TPT2 used Atmel for capacitive touch, but Wacom for the pen. Atmel has been making capacitive touch hardware for some time, but they are relatively new to the pen input "game". Wacom would be the venerable old timer, N-Trig is a veteran and the others are pretty much new comers.

Sent from my STYLISTIC Q584 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.