HP ENVY X2 up on HP.com

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dceggert, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

You might as well open up an Envy Owners thread.

2. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't waste your time. I just received my X2 and there is NO stylus. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with HP managers in parts and sales. No stylus is available and there is no ETA. HP does it again. I should have known better. Even if they had used a Wacom digitizer I could have used one that I have laying around, but no, they had to cut corners by going with the third rate digitizer. I didn't even turn it on. I promptly ordered an ASUS 810 and am on my way to ship back the Envy. I am finished with HP. Hopefully you will all learn from my mistake and look elsewhere for your tablets. Hopefully Rick sees this and makes some heads roll. Good luck to those that want to wait for 2 months for this tablet. My company will never buy another HP.

3. simpleatsh

simpleatsh Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

If there is ever an indication that there may be an issue with delivery of the CedarTrail devices, the Envy X2 is no longer on the HP website for order. The last I saw on estimated delivery time for an order was 1/18/2013 (yesterday, 12/14/2012). Now the device is off the list...

5. Techgeek32

Sorry. I already returned the Envy. Done playing games with HP. I ordered the ASUS 810 with a Wacom digitizer. Equal build quality, thinner, 19 hr battery life, better keyboard, comes with a proven digitizer, better display and even has a case and USB adapter. Oh and the AC adapter is not a two piece power brick like the Envy. Sound was better too. 1024 sensitivity pressure levels as compared with 256 on the Envy X2. It looked nice with the all aluminum build but I didn't need another laptop. I needed a tablet I could ink on from day one.

6. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

Good for you dude. As a TF810C owner, I think you'll be pleased. It's still a little glitchy on the driver front, but totally useable and expected to be better when Asus releases supported driver updates. As a OneNote extender, it's the promised land.

7. Techgeek32

Yes. Several glitches, but can be fixed if ASUS puts a support link up for he 810. I am comparing it with the Samsung 700t right now. The 810 has a better display, even though lower resolution, much better battery life and size. My only problem with the 810 that might make me return it is lack of storage and lack of USB 3.0. I have to transfer large files for work and it is really slow on the 810. Hard to give up he size, display and battery life though. I wish ASUS was making an i5 version of the 810 with an 11" display.

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I had a quick play with the X2 in PC World Chester yesterday and it's a really nice device, solid, quality screen and the keyboard is easy to type on. I would possibly consider one but there's better products out there so... Oh well.

9. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

Give us a hint about what you think is better.:)-

I have been flipping between the Asus TF810C, Samsung Smart PC 500T and the HP Envy X2. I am not interested in any of the i3/i5/i7 tablets. Lots of compute power but no battery life.

Regards, Jim

10. Wye

Wye Pen Pal - Newbie

It is Atmel, & it's TERRIBLE trust me!

I had the chance to use an Atmel stylus at a press event for the new HP ElitePad 900. This is the worst pen experience you can imagine. One of the rubber tip capacitive pens is better than this pen.

As a disclaimer, I have owned 2 Ntrig powered pc's & 4 Wacom powered pc's. There is a huge difference between the writing feeling of the Wacom pen systems & Ntrig based. You don't have to love Wacom to admit that they have the best pen technology in the world. Atmel shouldn't have released such a terrible product. If you want the best, you need to vote with your wallet. Buy a Samsung Galaxy Note product that uses a Wacom pen.