HP Envy X2 owners' discussion

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Loccy, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

I hadn't had the clock switch on me in quite a while until yesterday! I haven't had the SDBus error ever since I started making sure I unplugged all usb devices before shutting the unit down. I don't know if that helps, it's just a hunch, lol! I have nothing to back it up.

Wow, I'm going to study this really hard when I'm not tired. I really want to get rid of that bug. And thanks for the info on turning of usb charging.

2. HairyCube

HairyCube Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a quick update: I tried the solution posted above by larsdennert, and it didn't work. The clock is still wrong occasionally. The only thing that seems to help is turning Fast Startup off, and not using Hibernate. I found this topic on Microsoft forums, please post there to show that the issue is still there and is indeed a Windows compatibility bug.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. larsdennert

larsdennert Pen Pal - Newbie

Could be the update interval. Maybe there is a second fix to help this.

4. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS Scribbler - Standard Member

Is there consensus that it is or not recommended/safe to update to Win 8.1 yet or is continued patience advised? :hi2:

Do we have to update everything-drivers etc at https://www.google.com/search?q=HP+ENVY+x2+11-g010nr+Drivers or can we just do that after updating to 8.1 with the 8.1 listed drivers-BIOS etc ?

I did the Windows updates & backed up my data just in case but should we expect issues?

Thoughts on http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/9/5596586/windows-8-1-update-now-available ?

-Thnx: thumbsup::cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  5. jtsmall

jtsmall Scribbler - Standard Member

Despite my last two posts I did upgrade to 8.1. Boy was I glad I did. It rejuvenated the staid original 8. There were a few hiccups initially but it's been long enough I can only recall this...

1. After a faulty 8.1 install I reinstalled 8 from the HP Windows 8 thumb drive obtained from support earlier (I've had my Envy X2 since March 2013).

2. I had no further issues but I did install the latest 8.1 drivers from the HP Support site before applying the 8.1 upgrade from the Windows Store.

3. Several uneventful weeks later I upgraded to the 8.1 Update the next day it came out without incident.

I have not experienced the sleep, battery or clock issues others discuss here.

I would not hesitate to do this again. I am pleased enough with this result that I returned the Pavilion X2. I wanted so much to like the PX2 but as a plastic Bay Trail update to our Envy X2 I experienced abysmal battery life of 4-5 hr max including keyboard dock battery running on battery saver mode, funky touchpad, fattened undocked tablet and increased weight. It has a faux IPS-like LCD that works as well as the X2 IPS and is noticeably faster but all in all not enough to replace the amazing runtime and quality construction of the Envy X2.

Especially with the Envy X2 fully updated with 8.1 Update.

I look at the Envy X2 this way: it's a Chromebook done right and as a bonus it runs the full Windows 8 experience. I've looked at every Chromebook to come out but with the Envy X2 why bother?

-jts

PS. My Pavilion X2 experience is summarized here...

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?p=383459

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS likes this.
  6. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

No Win 8.1 issues now with Envy x2?.. that's interesting, thanks for posting that.

So to confirm with certainty, install ALL HP 8.1 drivers before updating to Win 8.1 at Windows store? :hi2:

https://www.google.com/search?q=HP+ENVY+x2+11-g010nr+Drivers top link currently lists under 8.1 :

Intel/Realtek Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack
    2013-10-11 , Version6.2.9200.PR15, 32.89M
    (‏Previous versions available)‏
    The Intel/Realtek Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio driver pack provides drivers to support the hardware installed on systems with Intel processors. This package contains the following drivers: - ... (More details)

Description

The Intel/Realtek Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio driver pack provides drivers to support the hardware installed on systems with Intel processors. This package contains the following drivers:
    - Intel chipset
    - Intel High-Definition (HD) graphics
    - Intel camera
    - Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio
    This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.
    Release details

Released:2013-10-11
    File name:
    sp63677.exe [1/1, 32.89M]
    Version6.2.9200.PR15
    Compatibility:
    Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Fix/Enhancement

- Provides the updated driver

Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices (‏1)
    Synaptics TouchPad Driver
    2013-10-09 , Version1.10, 57.49M
    This package provides the driver that enables the Synaptics TouchPad in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The driver enables general touchpad functionality (for ... (More details)

Description

This package provides the driver that enables the Synaptics TouchPad in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The driver enables general touchpad functionality (for example double-tap and scroll) and provides a user interface.
    Release details

Released:2013-10-09
    File name:
    sp63665.exe [1/1, 57.49M]
    Version1.10
    Compatibility:

Fix/Enhancement

- Provides the updated driver.

Driver - Network (‏3)
    Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 8
    2013-11-06 , Version5.93.97.108, 3.52M
    This package contains the Broadcom Wireless LAN Drivers that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system. (More details)
    Description

This package contains the Broadcom Wireless LAN Drivers that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system.
    Release details

Released:2013-11-06
    File name:
    sp64212.exe [1/1, 3.52M]
    Version5.93.97.108
    Compatibility:
    Fix/Enhancement

- Provides support for Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system.

Download
    By downloading you agree to HP’s Terms of Use
    Broadcom Near Field Communication (NFC) Driver
    2013-11-05 , Version1.0.0.4020, 4.58M
    This package provides the Broadcom Near Field Communication (NFC) driver for supported notebooks running a supported operating system. (More details)
    Description

This package provides the Broadcom Near Field Communication (NFC) driver for supported notebooks running a supported operating system.
    Release details

Released:2013-11-05
    File name:
    sp64206.exe [1/1, 4.58M]
    Version1.0.0.4020
    Compatibility:
    Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
    Fix/Enhancement

- Provides support for for Microsoft Windows 8.1.
    - Fixes an issue where the Tap-To-Print feature does not function properly.

Download
    By downloading you agree to HP’s Terms of Use
    Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Software and Driver
    2013-10-31 , Version12.0.0.8020, 5.47M
    This package contains the Broadcom bluetooth driver and software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable ... (More details)

Description

This package contains the Broadcom bluetooth driver and software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom bluetooth 4.0 devices.
    Release details

Released:2013-10-31
    File name:
    sp64155.exe [1/1, 5.47M]
    Version12.0.0.8020
    Compatibility:
    Fix/Enhancement

- Provides support for Microsoft Windows 8.1.

- Fixes an intermittent issue which causes a Bluetooth mouse pointing device to stop functioning after the system enters sleep or hibernate mode.

I guess this doesn't cause any issues in Win 8 because all the current 8.1 drivers also list Win 8 compatibility right?:thumbsup::cool:

-Thnx

P.S. - Still love my Galaxy Note 2 but looking forward to announcement of Galaxy Note 4 this September (as Galaxy Note 3 loudspeaker was comparatively weak & not enough of an upgrade for me)

7. jtsmall

That looks to be the correct driver list. Yes, HP says install before 8.1.

I agree upgrading most devices is usually an every other generation process including smartphones.

-jts

TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS likes this.
  8. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

I finally had the time to update my Envy x2 to Win8.1 today & so far very happy I did with no issues so far. Was surprised that I gained like 3GB space after the install on my C drive somehow & the tablet, desktop & file management experience is improved..:thumbsup:

Now I have to look into whether it's still not recommended to update my HP Split x2 ultrabook to Win8.1 without the earlier issues people reported at HP Split x2 Ultrabook 2in1 13.3" TouchScreen Laptop 4GB Memory 128GB Solid State Drive 13-g210dx - Best Buy :rolleyes:

BTW, I briefly checked out the Samsung S5 in an AT&T store the other day & I'll definitely wait to see what the Samsung Note4 offers in September. The HTC M8 however had solid build quality & great speakers so I will check that out again with more time but is not likely to steer me away from my Samsung Note2..:cool:

9. jtsmall

HTC One M8 getting great press from all the right places. Hard to imagine better than Note 2 so I gotta look.

10. HairyCube

HairyCube Pen Pal - Newbie

To those who don't seem to have the system clock problem: are you using Fast Startup or Hibernate? I can confirm the problem doesn't occur when I'm not using these, but I'd prefer to have Fast Startup turned on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.