HP Envy X2 owners' discussion

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Loccy, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I'm presently visiting Taipei and the electronics available is just mind boggling so it got me thinking that perhaps I could exchange my SSD in the Envy? Has anyone done something like that? A 256 GB would be nice. What would I need to consider?

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

2. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone else ever get the time and date changing on the legacy desktop for no reason? Mine does it consistently after so many days. It drives me crazy? It must be a bug in Windows 8.1. Off I go to set it back right again!!!

3. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Read up on soldering. It's really not as hard as everyone says it is especially if you practice first.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. larsdennert

larsdennert Pen Pal - Newbie

So I've been in search of a solution for crashing in Sleep mode. I'm not sure which has helped but I have done two things that seem to have helped. I updated the Broadcom Wireless drivers to version 5.93.97.113. I think the latest HP version is 108 so installing them from the Lenovo site is the way to get them.

Broadcom Wireless LAN driver for BCM4330 abgn Windows 8.1 (32-bit), 8 (32-bit) – ThinkPad Tablet 2 | Notebook Driver & Software

The other is the fix for the storage controller that came out last year. I'm thinking maybe when I went to 8.1 some of these should have been reinstalled.

Essential System Updates - HP ENVY x2 11-g011nr | HP® Support

Anyway something for people to try.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  5. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS Scribbler - Standard Member

Is it safe to upgrade HP Envy x2's to 8.1 yet or is it still buggy-have issues?:hi2:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. Kumabjorn

I run 8.1 and have noticed that under certain circumstances the
    Wedge BT mouse moves
    erratically, don't know about other mice though.

7. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

Even when the system is not running out of RAM as that is when the touchpad can become non-response-erratic (even under Win 8)? Are you overall happy to have upgraded the Envy x2 to 8.1 or wish you hadn't? Anyone else? :hi2:

8. Kumabjorn

I think it is easier and smoother under 8.1, but you need to know that it draws battery unless you shut it down over night. I keep it plugged in should I need to bring it along in the morning. I think there is a solution for this though.

9. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

I originally wanted to update the Envy x2 to 8.1 but was encouraged to wait some months as there were standby bugs etc is that what you mean? How much power does it lose if not plugged in & you notice this was specific to Win 8.1 as I recall some people complain of this under Win 8 especially if peripherals were attached..:rolleyes:

Would appreciate hearing from people if 8.1 is still problematic or a worthwhile update for the Envy x2:hi2:

10. Kumabjorn

No peripherals attached, it loses about 15% overnight. If power is I important to you it is probably better to wait. Even at 60% I would have enough for a days usage.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.