HP Envy X2 owners' discussion

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Loccy, Dec 24, 2012.

1. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

It's better that they delay its release, if that means the Pen will be fully-baked and bug-free.

Seeing how Lenovo has screwed up the USB port on the TPT2, I imagine how messed up that device would have been if it had been released in late October with Win8. The OEMs' executives seems to have unrealistic expectations when defining their release dates. Products are coming out with too many bugs. They need to give Engineers an extra 6 months to finish the hardware and software, or, perhaps, hire more Engineers.

And they also should have fewer products in their catalogs. This is a generalized mess. Look at Samsung, for example. They have so many different phones and tablets in the market, that they end up putting a heavier burden on their Customer Service and releasing devices with half-baked drivers...

2. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I take your point. And also your point about the bewildering array of model numbers. I'm still trying to match up the changing list of Thinkpad 2 model numbers for Western Europe with the (completely different) set of model numbers quoted here by Dutch retailers.

And I suppose it's a basic fact of life that, these days, the early adopters are inevitably going to be the product testers. That doesn't seem to get completed in-house any more. It's completed in our houses instead.

3. gessner17

gessner17 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone verify you can stream netflix on the tablet in HD? I was thinking of replacing my laptop with one and this is the only function I am questioning for my needs.

4. The Innocent X

The Innocent X Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Oiuyp

Oiuyp Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!

iI'm from sweden so my english is not so good

I have a hp envy x2 and i like it alot. But i have 1 problem. I bought a micro SD card 32gb. but i cant get it to work. somtimes it works for 2-3min but usually it dosen work at all. i have 3 orther mcro sd card at 2gb and they work just fine. and if i put the micro sd 32gb card in a adapter so i can put it in the ordinary sd port in the keybord it´s works fine. and on my other pc´s the 32gb works.

Have anyonels tried to put in a big sd card in the screen part? and is´t working?

I talked to HP sweden but they knew nothing about the computer.

6. cmh

cmh Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same question. My Envy x2 is on order and I want to purchase a micro SD card but wonder if there is a maximum size that is supported or speed requirements (UH1).

7. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

See post # 55 on page 6 by uzbeckin in thread "HP ENVY X2 up on HP.com". He says a 64 GB microSD card works.

Regards, Jim

8. cmh

cmh Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Jim. The Sandisk 64gb UHS-1 MicroSDXC (30 mb/s) seems to only like a exFAT format. Does Envy x2 support this or should we go with SDHC for compatibility or the Sandisk Extreme Pro (twice the cost) for speed?

9. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

10. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Fairly comprehensive review, and one in which I can see past the reviewer's prejudices (it doesn't play games!) to form my own opinion of whether it fits my requirements.

BUT - I did miss any mention whatsoever of the active digitizer and stylus. That's the information that I'm desperately looking for vis-à-vis the HP Envy X2.