HP Envy X2 owners' discussion

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Loccy, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodintentions

goodintentions Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I got mine for $525, too. My boyfriend's got us beat, though. He bought one for $450. Open box item. Never been used, but they couldn't sell it as "new" either.

I would really like to see my boyfriend pick up sketching and drawing again. I've seen some of his past artwork he made when he was younger. Very gifted. An active stylus support for this device would be great.

2. rkennedy01

rkennedy01 Pen Pal - Newbie

$450? And I thought I did well at $499 for a returned unit at Staples! :(

RCK

3. Techdude2000

Techdude2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you get that at Staples in Lexington, KY? I returned the first one for the "popping" audio to Staples here in Lexington before I figured out they all do it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  4. heimu2000

heimu2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same feeling. Envy x2 will be perfect if a stylus pen can be paired.

5. heimu2000

heimu2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

My x2 has the popping sound issue too. Hopefully HP will fix it after a driver update.

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

In the Elitepad thread Rick said the updated/fixed pens should be coming out.

7. rkennedy01

rkennedy01 Pen Pal - Newbie

No, mine came from a store in Wellington, FL. It was a return of an online order - the previous buyer got it at the $525 coupon rate Staples had going a while back and I talked the manager down another $25 because it was an open box (his computer said it cost the company over $600 wholesale).

Considering that most alternatives cost $500 or more without a dock, I feel I did well. Certainly better than those early adopters who paid upwards of $800 for the same machine. :)

RCK

8. Techdude2000

Techdude2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea, I like the machine, but I don't think I would have ever paid the $800+ price for it.

9. goodintentions

goodintentions Pen Pal - Newbie

Holy moly! It cost staples 600 schmachos each one whole sale? Woohoo, I really struck a deal then. $525 for mine and $450 for my boyfriend's.

Hopefully, the active stylus will come soon.

10. ChaosChris

ChaosChris Pen Pal - Newbie

So guys now that I see alot more of you have had a good chance to use this for awhile have you had any other problems with the Envy x2? Most of mine were all fixed until this past week I keep getting the windows blue screen with the wdf voliation. I think itunes might have caused this but even after uninstalling it I am still receiving this area. Going to look into it a bit more since it must be a driver or something that was installed.

Other then that I have been enjoying it for over a month now. I feel rapped now after seeing what some of you guys just paid for it lol. Since mine was almost a grand when it first came out. Oh well either way its a sweet piece of technology. I just need to get a mini SD card now for more memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.