HP Envy Note 8 with 10-inch Keyboard

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by seeyar, Oct 8, 2015.

1. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

HP Setup Assistant popped up today and told me that there are updates. When I clicked on the first one, "Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack", the app seemed to go into an infinite loop, flashing the same thing up on the screen, redrawing the widgets in the title bar, etc. Weird. So, I clicked a bunch of times on the red "X" in the upper right of the window and it eventually stopped. I quit it and restarted. Clicked on that update again. It starts downloading. The progress bar crawls to the right. It goes back to no progress, and starts crawling again. Does this 10s of times over about 30 minutes, then says "Failed Installation".

Has anyone else seen this update and installed it?

Thanks.

2. sitongia

I gave it another go, and it worked. I installed all the other updates first, then the Pack, and after only one run of the progress bar and about 5-10 minutes, it worked.

3. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone found a good case/cover? I want one that is very thin material and ideally has a magnet to keep it closed.

4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So I finally bought the Envy Note 8, very sturdy feel and nothing feels cheap about it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wondering how you guys are keeping from losing the pen. Ordered the MS surface pen loop to attach to the Tablet.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

6. sitongia

I wonder about the proportion of E8N who are satisfied with and the number dissatisfied with their tablet. I've been very dissatisfied. I want to get a refund but it's too long after my purchase. Sure, I could sell this to someone else, but I would feel bad about that and it doesn't send a message to HP. Is there enough dissatisfaction to cause HP to issue refunds to anyone who wants it? Is there a poll option in this forum?

Edit: I've created a poll.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  7. sitongia

Can I throttle up this Cherrytrail to get better performance? It's so frustrating. I'd like to try the heat and sacrifice battery life. TIA.

==Leonard

8. sitongia

I can't find a definitive statement that the x5-z8300 cannot be overclocked, but the lack of information about it in CPU comparison articles implies that it is not possible. :(

9. sitongia

Could I install Windows 8.1 on this? I wonder if that would improve it.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I got to try one of these at the MS Store the other day. I like the size and design but the touch screen was very unresponsive, often requiring more than one attempt at actuating a function. Are they all like this or was it a demo issue.

soh5 likes this.