HP Envy Note 8 with 10-inch Keyboard

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by seeyar, Oct 8, 2015.

1. UpstateScott

UpstateScott Pen Pal - Newbie

Replacement Stylus and Keyboard for Envy Note 8

still mulling the purchase over and was wondering how I could get a replacement stylus. Found this page at HP

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search...ProductDescription=N7T28UA&InvalidKeyCat=true

Clicking that link leads to a list which includes the stylus at $56. Curiously, a keyboard is also listed at $56. So, it sounds like you could theoretically order the single tablet (at $329) and get the replacement keyboard later (at $56 +11.95 shipping) for a total of $397, versus the list price of the combo at $429. Looks like the parts are in stock as ship times were estimated at 3-4 business days.

Also, another page at HP shows "the products using this part". On that page were two models I have not heard of, the 5010 and the 5016. Anyone know what sets them apart (per chance to dream, could it be more memory?)

To recap, the 5002 is the tablet only, the 5003 is the tablet/keyboard combo, and the 5009 is the Microsoft Store Signature Edition.

2. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

Great find. I've been hunting the stylus. Thanks

3. Mr.Sant

Mr.Sant Pen Pal - Newbie

Had a terrible experience with the stylus. Got my envy 8 note a couple of days ago, dropped stylus accidentally yesterday. Tip broke promptly. They don't even sell a case with a stylus loop- its a disaster waiting to happen :-(

4. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

I just got one and just opened the box. The SD card interface is funky. It's a tray shared with the SIM card. It's the type of SIM card tray that you poke open with a pin. I've dealt with that before, mostly with iPads. Here, both the SIM and SD have to be carefully placed into the tray and then the tray slid into the tablet (with the tablet facing with the back up, otherwise the cards fall out of the tray).

UpstateScott likes this.
  5. sitongia

Given the Gorilla glass, do people get screen protectors or is that unnecessary. Thanks!

6. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

I did not buy a screen protector

Admission: I've owned tablets since the original Motion Computing M1200 Slate (circa 2002) with vendors from HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, Samsung, Surface, Apple and never bought a screen protector.

Yongtao likes this.
  7. sitongia

One thought: don't try to open the SIM/SD slot by poking the pointy tool into the microphone hole, even though it is near the tray. :(

8. sitongia

How does the performance of this one compare to the HP 608 G1? How different are the CPU/GPUs?

Thanks!

9. sitongia

Does anyone know the PCMark 7 results for this? I'm trying to compare it to my original Dell Venue 8 Pro, which is said to show a result of 2298. I'm trying to understand why my E8N seems sluggish. Feels about the same as my 2 year old V8P.

10. sitongia

I downloaded the free version of PCMark 7 and ran it: 2263. So, it's a little bit slower than the 8" tablet I have from two years ago. That's a bummer. Darn HP for their slow system and darn Dell for their crummy stylus in the original V8P! ;-)