HP Envy Note 8 with 10-inch Keyboard

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by seeyar, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

I can't tell that it's going to sleep.

2. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

True, but I bought the Versa-Sleeve for the ASUS Vivotab Note 8 back when. It works well as a cover and stand. I had no desire to try the keyboard HP's trying to sell. My MS Universal Foldable works great.

3. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Tempting as an upgrade to my Vivotab note 8, but wtf with the 32gb storage and no other options? Comically, on HP's product site in the fine print at the bottom it says that the restore partition may take up to 35gb!!

Plus it's Wacom AES, sigh my dream of having a tablet which works with my Note 5 stylus are not coming true. Guess I'll keep the vivotab a bit longer.

4. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

32GB for this means it's DOA, I have an Acer W4 I want to upgrade and it has 64GB and i barely have anything installed and I only have 30Gb free

5. plwweasel

plwweasel Pen Pal - Newbie

Very nice tablet and the wacom pen works great. I'm using it as a digital notebook at work and so far very satisfied.

6. UpstateScott

UpstateScott Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks for posting plwweasel. I have been considering this as a replacement for a cracked AVN8 but for a unit that started shipping almost a month ago there is very little information out there. None of the usual suspects (even very little coverage here on this forum) have reviewed an actual shipping unit and none of the major retailers (in the U.S.) have it available. (yes, I know HP has it and has the free shipping - that is probably where I'll get mine from). What is available from third-parties on Amazon have had strange price spikes per the Camelizer. So, with that preamble out of the way could you go into some more detail.
    • Who did you buy it from?

• How much free space do you have on the c: drive?

• Have you installed anything else on it?

• Have you updated to Windows 10586.29? How'd that go? Did it come with the November update already installed?

• Did you get the keyboard (5003) or just the tablet (5002)?

• How is the writing in OneNote?
    Hope I don't seem rude bombarding you with questions. It is exciting to finally hear about one of these in the wild. Thanks.

thierryb likes this.
  7. plwweasel

direct from hp, shipped to me in 3 days.
    I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly, about 15G free (why I immediately installed 64G micros sd card)
    I have not updated to 10586.29. Will initiate today and let you know.
    the one without the keyboard, since I already have a Microsoft universal keyboard and did not want the giant 10".
    Writing in OneNote is great, mostly what I use it for in meetings at work.
    I have o365 installed with full suite of apps, does not not allow you to customize, which is a pain.
    I have a lot of apps installed from the store otherwise, leaves me about 9G free.
    CCleaner
    freda
    file manager hd
    kindle
    lastpass
    firefox
    mytube
    netflix
    bible
    weather channel
    plex
    pocketbible
    poki
    readit
    readiy
    tweetium
    remote desktop
    splashtop
    and of course all the default Microsoft apps that com in windows 10.

UpstateScott likes this.
  8. UpstateScott

UpstateScott Pen Pal - Newbie

great - thanks for the details. sounds like a good contender to replace my AVN8. Looking forward to hearing how the Windows update goes

I tried a Surface Pro 3 a couple of weeks ago a friend was unloading and was having problems getting used to how the palm rejection worked with the stylus, plus it is just so much bigger than the AVN8.

9. plwweasel

updated with no problems.

UpstateScott likes this.
  10. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4GB RAM in this guy would've set it apart.

thierryb likes this.